• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Moving

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hi guys, i'm moving soon and seriously considering hiring movers.

i don't have much heavy or big stuff really, but am moving from a 2nd floor apartment to a 3rd floor one, neither having an elevator.

anyone have any experience hiring movers? what's a reasonable rate? (the distance is about a 20-30 minute drive)

i've also considered doing the packing up, borrowing a truck from a friend, and driving the stuff over to my new place, and just paying the movers to bring it up to my new place.

what do you think?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Friends, beer, pizza.

i'm having a hard time with this. people are busy, the move in date they gave me was on a monday, and i work during the weekends. this was my original plan.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
i'm having a hard time with this. people are busy, the move in date they gave me was on a monday, and i work during the weekends. this was my original plan.

I agree with you on not asking friends. When we moved, we hired a small, local company that had very good reviews and excellent word of mouth reviews. Their rates were much lower than a bigger company and sent 4 guys. We had already done a lot of the smaller stuff prior, they did all the furniture, outdoor furniture, heavy boxes, etc. We only moved about 10 miles from where we were and it ran $450. Even without a lot of stuff, movers are insured, they are experienced at packing a truck and wrapping stuff right and basically, it's way less of a headache for you.

Your alternate idea is also a very good one. It will save a lot of money.