User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    How about a honey baked ham? They also sell delicious turkeys. Preorder.

HoneyBaked Ham | Official Site | Handcrafted since 1957
    Heheh very fancy. Too fancy. Approximately 10x too fancy. Maybe when I'm not on a student's budget I can afford some nice meat for carnivore friends.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think the rotisserie chicken will be perf. They are lucky you're that nice, as a vegetarian to offer meat at your Thanksgiving meal! A store-bought rotisserie chicken is a great compromise so they can have the main dish they're used to and you don't have to actually put your hands on gross raw meat. I'd just heat the thing up and focus on your non-meat dishes.
    Likes senza tema liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

As for reheating- I've always just stuck them in the oven and they are fine. I don't mind meat being a little dry, though. Adding butter and cooking sherry sounds interesting- I might try that myself one of these days!
    Likes gromit liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

My favorite recipe is really simple, and SO flavorful and no one will ever guess the key ingredient. It makes a great gravy, sauce, and the garlic pieces cooked in it are so tender you squish them right out of the skins and spread them onto bread. If you're wanting an easy, but personal touch to things that's cheap, chicken leg quarters are typically like $1/lb at cheaper food markets. Most of the ingredients are stuff in pantries or cheap.

But I'm assuming you're not really into actually cooking meat.. Sooo in that case, the only thing I'd say is to put a small pan of water in the oven as well. Chicken meat tends to dry out if you heat it up too much or too long.. for beginner cooks for meat, a small bread loaf pan with water in it can help provide some moisture in there to keep you from messing up. Alternatively, if you're worried, brush it with olive oil before wrapping it up in aluminum foil to offer moisture to sink into the chicken if you suspect it being a little dry and scraggly. I know some people enjoy dry meat... but I don't know many (they're blessings, they eat all the icky breasty parts), most people want moisture in their meat.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Heheh very fancy. Too fancy. Approximately 10x too fancy. Maybe when I'm not on a student's budget I can afford some nice meat for carnivore friends.
    No problem. In that case, I defer to @Ivy and @kyuuei 's knowledge, as I'm a novice cook. I had a brief, yet positive experience with rotisserie chicken once. I purchased it at Kroger, brought it home, cut it up into a few servings, ziplocked, froze, and reheated. I thought it was pretty juicy and flavorful. I was impressed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yes you can reheat, just add a little chicken stock/broth once you slice it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

How'd it turn out?

@Ivy, I think it was fine. There was a miscommunication actually and one person made an entire turkey. I guess she had said "I can make a turkey" but I didn't realize she meant "I will make a turkey"

I don't think she is the kind of person that resented making the turkey, so it all turned out fine.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes Ivy liked this post