• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Teardrop camping, the 'tiny' & 'vintage' of camping. Thinking of building one.

Chthonic

I've had a fascination with these little campers for an age. And camping is real nostalgia moment for me too. But vintage camping in a teardrop is...:wubbie: I've been reading up on building one. They are straight forward monocoque structures made out of ply then finished anyway you like. I especially love that they are lightweight and easy to tow, even behind a motorcycle or compact car. I adore the galley in the boot concept. I'm seriously thinking of buying some plans and giving it a go. They estimate you can build a basic for around $2k, which seems really affordable. Some people have built them for as little as $500. :happy2:

Teardrop Trailer - Additional Bedroom

Gallery
Silver Tears Woodie Teardrop Camper

Sorry - I still have no idea how to embed a pic so it's not a link and just a pic. :shrug:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am gonna have to try and build one after my remodel project.