• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

theory on why cats are so popular on the internet

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
in terms of cats vs dogs. Cats are low maintence. Geeks/nerds/whatever technically pedantic term you want to use, are usually absent minded. and they were the first people on computers and they often find the internet a safe haven. and most of them aren't psychos despite being extremely emotionally stunted, and everyone likes pets so they get cats cuz they don't have to walk or train them. just feed them and change their litter. as a dog you have to give up longer computer time since they have to be walked. and if you forget to feed a cat they're very resourceful and will either find a rodent, a bird, a bug, a lizard, or just go to the neighbor's house. so they're less likely to die if you don't feed them.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cats = Low maintenance = More time on the internet.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cats = Low maintenance = More time on the internet.

More time on the Internet = more time to see more pictures and videos of cats = more time to appreciate cats

Chthonic

Cats are low maintence. just feed them and change their litter.

I'm guessing you don't have a cat. Low maintenance they are not, and if you have a vocal breed watch out. Most people think cats are somewhat aloof as you described. But there are sixteen personality types of cats (as invented by this bored veterinarian) and if you have a socially orientated cat that is also defiant you are in for a world of high maintenance. Both my cats are bold and social one is passive and the defiant. The defiant one tells me when I must cuddle (which is anytime my lap is available), when I must feed, when the litter bin isn't up to her fastidious standards and even when I may sleep and may awaken. Make no mistake there are HM cats out there.

Here's the cat personality typer for anyone who's interested. I found it to be quite accurate if that helps.

Type Sorter

PS - LOLCats is just fun, for everyone.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm guessing you don't have a cat. Low maintenance they are not, and if you have a vocal breed watch out. Most people think cats are somewhat aloof as you described. But there are sixteen personality types of cats (as invented by this bored veterinarian) and if you have a socially orientated cat that is also defiant you are in for a world of high maintenance. Both my cats are bold and social one is passive and the defiant. The defiant one tells me when I must cuddle (which is anytime my lap is available), when I must feed, when the litter bin isn't up to her fastidious standards and even when I may sleep and may awaken. Make no mistake there are HM cats out there.

Here's the cat personality typer for anyone who's interested. I found it to be quite accurate if that helps.

Type Sorter

PS - LOLCats is just fun, for everyone.

I have had cats and dogs and compared to dogs yes they are. also cats that run a way are more likely to survive than dogs who do. cats are actually able to semi take care of themselves. it's been proven. with cats you could leave them for up to 7 days if you left a clean litter box and a 7 day feeder dogs you can not dogs you have to walk cats you do not. so don't tell me cats are high maintence, and like i don't know.