• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mermaids

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Okay, but seriously guys, back to the OP. Stop derailing.

I'm thinking why would someone want to exterminate all the mermaids? It doesn't make sense. They can't even come on land... Except one who did. The littlest of mermaids.

What if the story wasn't as nice and cute as we're meant to think? Disney covers shit up all the time, we all know that. What if this story is far older than medieval times, and the little mermaid went to extreme measures? Like she thought it was torture to be a mermaid, and killed off the rest of her clan since she knew how best? There couldn't have been a large populous of them, because the bigger the fish the more food they need and living closer together means less food supply.. and I'm sure conditions have to be just right for bigger animals in the ocean...

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I'm thinking why would someone want to exterminate all the mermaids? It doesn't make sense. They can't even come on land... Except one who did. The littlest of mermaids.

What if the story wasn't as nice and cute as we're meant to think? Disney covers shit up all the time, we all know that. What if this story is far older than medieval times, and the little mermaid went to extreme measures? Like she thought it was torture to be a mermaid, and killed off the rest of her clan since she knew how best? There couldn't have been a large populous of them, because the bigger the fish the more food they need and living closer together means less food supply.. and I'm sure conditions have to be just right for bigger animals in the ocean...

No doubt she was motivated by self-hatred, and fear of love of herself. She was conflicted between wanting to be a mermaid and hatred. So, she killed them all off so she could never return to them.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

The op states that they went extinct cuz that genetic disease in us died out and that mermaids are sterile. so I don't think anyone exterminated them just things don't live forever.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A brief, touching mermaid story:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The op states that they went extinct cuz that genetic disease in us died out and that mermaids are sterile. so I don't think anyone exterminated them just things don't live forever.

Yeah, but what if that's exactly why? I mean, if there was just sexcapades here and there, they wouldn't all result in enough population of mermaids to be known throughout the lands... But what if Ariel, the littlest one of all and unable to conceive, was jealous of her kin that could? Even with genetic anomalies, nature finds a way... But if there was a massive extermination of the population, the ones that survived would surely die of their natural causes and sterility.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They can't even come on land... Except one who did. The littlest of mermaids.
She was described as little, but that doesn't necessitate that she was the littlest.

Point destroyed.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, but what if that's exactly why? I mean, if there was just sexcapades here and there, they wouldn't all result in enough population of mermaids to be known throughout the lands... But what if Ariel, the littlest one of all and unable to conceive, was jealous of her kin that could? Even with genetic anomalies, nature finds a way... But if there was a massive extermination of the population, the ones that survived would surely die of their natural causes and sterility.

The OP said that all mermaids were sterile. Why would Ariel be jealous? They're all sterile.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The OP said that all mermaids were sterile. Why would Ariel be jealous? They're all sterile.

I'm saying what if that's only half the story... If they died out out of sterility after a massive genocide left them broken and scattered. Rare sightings all over the world? Makes sense to me.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm saying what if that's only half the story... If they died out out of sterility after a massive genocide left them broken and scattered. Rare sightings all over the world? Makes sense to me.

So, the genocide made them sterile?

I'm kidding. I get it. :D

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Was expecting a flood of ENFPs in this thread. :dont:

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Was expecting a flood of ENFPs in this thread. :dont:

Maybe they're also trying to build mermaid armies, and now it's an arms race. A fins race? Anyway, I'm still on phase 1 of my own mermaid master plan. I'm brainstorming a cool name for it.

Or they could be out trying to save the mermaids from extinction and/or genocide. I recommend picketing tuna fish canneries. Surely, any surviving mermaids would get caught in the fishing nets.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe they're also trying to build mermaid armies, and now it's an arms race. A fins race? Anyway, I'm still on phase 1 of my own mermaid master plan. I'm brainstorming a cool name for it.

Or they could be out trying to save the mermaids from extinction and/or genocide. I recommend picketing tuna fish canneries. Surely, any surviving mermaids would get caught in the fishing nets.

Unless they live in their coral castles.