User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default is there another way to grate a bunch of carrots

other than by hand or a food processor? I don't want to get a food processor with that capability because I have a nice one at my mom's house, and the cheapeast i can find that allows you to grate is 30 and fuck grating a ton of carrots by hand. I probably will spend the 30, but it seems like a waste if i can go another route
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

yeah, get a ton of friends to come over and grate them all by hand.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Maybe one of you two could invent a large carrot grater.
    I envisioned a drum & cover with an exterior center shaft to spin a top cover that has lots of grating holes & I wondered how hard could it be to fabricate such a simple device?

You might have a machine shop dimple a lot of grating holes into a heavy gauge sheet of stainless metal.
    Then cut two round sections for a base & a top cover (top = 1/4" smaller diameter than the base), & a length to mig weld around the base. Mig weld a center shaft to the grated cover to enable spinning it with a battery powered drill (unless you've a multi-speed drill press in your garage) & grate to your hearts content.

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    Maybe one of you two could invent a large carrot grater.
    I envisioned a drum & cover with an exterior center shaft to spin a top cover that has lots of grating holes & I wondered how hard could it be to fabricate such a simple device?

You might have a machine shop dimple a lot of grating holes into a sheet of heavy gauge metal.
    Then cut two round sections from the sheet metal, one base & the other a top cover ( top = 1/4" smaller diameter than the base). Mig a center shaft to the grated cover to enable spinning it with a battery powered drill (unless you've a multi-speed drill press in your garage) & grate to your hearts content.
    Kind of like a parmesan grater?

Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

you have auxiliary Ne. I'm sure it will lead you to some creative solution.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Kind of like a parmesan grater?

Yea that'll work, but how many carrots could you fit in there? You'd need a hopper type thingamadoodle to feed the carrots into your Parmesan grater.
    I had envisioned a drum of approximately 8" diameter & 6" in height, having a guide shaft that the perforated cover could be rotated around.
    Last edited by OrderOfTheCaelifera; 06-10-2014 at 08:37 AM.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    you have auxiliary Ne. I'm sure it will lead you to some creative solution.
    I was hoping someone knew of a machine that had been invented
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    other than by hand or a food processor? I don't want to get a food processor with that capability because I have a nice one at my mom's house, and the cheapeast i can find that allows you to grate is 30 and fuck grating a ton of carrots by hand. I probably will spend the 30, but it seems like a waste if i can go another route
    Well there you go; where a need exists Spock has deduced that your auxiliary Ne will find a way LOL.
    Think of the satisfaction you'd get from fabricating your own grating appliance.
    How hard could it possibly be?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    How many carrots do you have to grate? I can go through quite a few with a hand grater. I have also used an ordinary blender. Kitchenaid mixers have an attachment that does this, but it is more expensive than the food processor, requires a kitchenaid mixer, and is a pain in the neck to clean.

I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I would buy some bags of pre-shredded carrots.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.