• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many children would you ideally like to have (bio or otherwise)?

How many children would you ideally like to have (bio or otherwise)?

• Total voters

Raffaella

bon vivant
Ideally, two adopted children because I want to give them the opportunity to live in a supportive and loving household.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You think that's gross?

Morning Star is a triplet, one of two girls and a boy. That means her mother was growing a pair of vaginas and a penis inside of her.

That sounds horrifying.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel mixed up feelings when it comes to children. I don't feel like having them any time soon, but once in a far and distant future maybe 1-2

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Ethically, I ought to adopt a kid, an older kid, maybe an older kid, maybe even an older kid who is mentally disabled. But it's hard to resist the idea of making your own babies. I guess I could do both, I just feel like it might be a tricky dynamic. For me, it's a long way off, anyway. We'll see how I feel when the time comes. 0-3 bio/adopted would be my ideal.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
None. I am one of those who has very high expectations about freedom more than duties. :smoke:

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ethically, I ought to adopt a kid, an older kid, maybe an older kid, maybe even an older kid who is mentally disabled. But it's hard to resist the idea of making your own babies. I guess I could do both, I just feel like it might be a tricky dynamic. For me, it's a long way off, anyway. We'll see how I feel when the time comes. 0-3 bio/adopted would be my ideal.

As far as I know, in western industrial countries, there are far more couples willing to adopt than kids to be adopted and adopting from developing or emerging countries - sometimes from questionable sources - is a whole can of worms. So don't feel guilty. Also, several countries like mine have a fertility rate below the replacement rate so that people are actually urged to please reproduce.

gromit

likes this
2-3 sounds good to me!

A huge family (eg I'm one of six kids) would be lots of fun and lots of work, I don't know if I'm cut out for that. Probably depends on partner's strengths/weaknesses and willingness to invest time + energy into that as well.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
I want to start an orphanage, to give any and all I've the capacity for a home.

Too bad I have the will of a bowl-kept goldfish.

Beorn

Permabanned
As far as I know, in western industrial countries, there are far more couples willing to adopt than kids to be adopted and adopting from developing or emerging countries - sometimes from questionable sources - is a whole can of worms. So don't feel guilty. Also, several countries like mine have a fertility rate below the replacement rate so that people are actually urged to please reproduce.

You're talking about newborns. Foreverjung is specifically considering older and challenged kids for whom what you're talking about is not true. Edit: I will add that being guilted into adopting is not good for anyone. Trust me. Edit2: Also, it's only true of newborns because of legalized abortion. So there's that.

As for myself, I want as many children as I can care for without their welfare suffering. That's not a fixed number and could be rather high, but its determination is reliant on currently unknown factors. Adoption is probably not an option for me, but I'm thankful other people can do it.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
2, a girl and a boy, 18 months to 2 years apart, preferably the boy would be older. But watch, I'll end up with 4 girls spread over 10 years or something silly like that.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The part of me that wants to spawn wants two. But I'm nowhere near ready to make and rear little humans to adulthood any time soon.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Having children goes against my hatred for the world, but I am open to the idea of adopting one or two in the very far future (if I'm somehow still alive).

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always dreamed of being a mother and imagined I'd have a larger family.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jonny said:
Personally, I'd prefer zero.

This.

:cheers:

(unless science makes leaps and I CAN someday birth a litter of kittens, then.. maybe 2 or 3)

7 years later and my preference remains the same, despite so many people IRL insisting back then I’d catch Baby Fever in my 30s. Nope. There’s never been even the most remote stirring of maternal desire.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm at a point where I hypothetically might be open to the idea of 1 or 2 with the right person. The concept no longer invokes the revulsion in me it once did, for sure. I know it seems weird not to give a definitive yes or no, but to me that's really putting the cart before the horse. I haven't ever been a relationship where I would have had children with the person, but who knows? It's complicated in that it's not a "mandatory" thing for me either way, and really depends upon the situation.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
7 years later and my preference remains the same, despite so many people IRL insisting back then I’d catch Baby Fever in my 30s. Nope. There’s never been even the most remote stirring of maternal desire.

I am not so consistent. My wife and I are planning to have children, probably 2. There isn't any baby fever here however...I'm not looking forward to having children. I am looking forward to having adults one day though.