User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many children would you ideally like to have (bio or otherwise)?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Male: I don't want children.

10 14.93%
  • Male: 1 - 2

9 13.43%
  • Male: 3 - 4

7 10.45%
  • Male: 5+

2 2.99%
  • Female: I don't want children.

12 17.91%
  • Female: 1 - 2

10 14.93%
  • Female: 3 - 4

9 13.43%
  • Female: 5+

0 0%
  • Male: 2 - 3

3 4.48%
  • Female: 2 - 3

5 7.46%
First 78910 Last

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Ideally, two adopted children because I want to give them the opportunity to live in a supportive and loving household.
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    You think that's gross?

Morning Star is a triplet, one of two girls and a boy. That means her mother was growing a pair of vaginas and a penis inside of her.
    That sounds horrifying.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

I feel mixed up feelings when it comes to children. I don't feel like having them any time soon, but once in a far and distant future maybe 1-2

Enneagram

Ethically, I ought to adopt a kid, an older kid, maybe an older kid, maybe even an older kid who is mentally disabled. But it's hard to resist the idea of making your own babies. I guess I could do both, I just feel like it might be a tricky dynamic. For me, it's a long way off, anyway. We'll see how I feel when the time comes. 0-3 bio/adopted would be my ideal.

None. And nature blessed me with non-functioning ovaries. How convenient.

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

None. I am one of those who has very high expectations about freedom more than duties.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Ethically, I ought to adopt a kid, an older kid, maybe an older kid, maybe even an older kid who is mentally disabled. But it's hard to resist the idea of making your own babies. I guess I could do both, I just feel like it might be a tricky dynamic. For me, it's a long way off, anyway. We'll see how I feel when the time comes. 0-3 bio/adopted would be my ideal.
    As far as I know, in western industrial countries, there are far more couples willing to adopt than kids to be adopted and adopting from developing or emerging countries - sometimes from questionable sources - is a whole can of worms. So don't feel guilty. Also, several countries like mine have a fertility rate below the replacement rate so that people are actually urged to please reproduce.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

2-3 sounds good to me!

A huge family (eg I'm one of six kids) would be lots of fun and lots of work, I don't know if I'm cut out for that. Probably depends on partner's strengths/weaknesses and willingness to invest time + energy into that as well.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

I want to start an orphanage, to give any and all I've the capacity for a home.

Too bad I have the will of a bowl-kept goldfish.
    Likes chickpea liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    As far as I know, in western industrial countries, there are far more couples willing to adopt than kids to be adopted and adopting from developing or emerging countries - sometimes from questionable sources - is a whole can of worms. So don't feel guilty. Also, several countries like mine have a fertility rate below the replacement rate so that people are actually urged to please reproduce.
    You're talking about newborns. Foreverjung is specifically considering older and challenged kids for whom what you're talking about is not true. Edit: I will add that being guilted into adopting is not good for anyone. Trust me. Edit2: Also, it's only true of newborns because of legalized abortion. So there's that.

As for myself, I want as many children as I can care for without their welfare suffering. That's not a fixed number and could be rather high, but its determination is reliant on currently unknown factors. Adoption is probably not an option for me, but I'm thankful other people can do it.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it