User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many children would you ideally like to have (bio or otherwise)?

67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Male: I don't want children.

10 14.93%
  • Male: 1 - 2

9 13.43%
  • Male: 3 - 4

7 10.45%
  • Male: 5+

2 2.99%
  • Female: I don't want children.

12 17.91%
  • Female: 1 - 2

10 14.93%
  • Female: 3 - 4

9 13.43%
  • Female: 5+

0 0%
  • Male: 2 - 3

3 4.48%
  • Female: 2 - 3

5 7.46%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How many children would you ideally like to have (bio or otherwise)?

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    2w3 sx/so
    yolo Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Do you live in a war zone?
    Nope, but there are things called 'cancer', 'drunk drivers' and other things that can kill children. But most of all I don't want my kids to end up being the only kid alive before I die, because otherwise they'd feel all alone when it comes to taking care of me by the time I'm too old to take a shit on my own. So if I'll get as old as my grandparents (plus some extra years, considering the fact that my generation will probably get older then theirs), I'll have to make sure they don't end up alone before I'm about 95. If I get kids around age 30, these kids would all have to live past 65. Now deaths before the age of 65 don't happen in my family, but who knows what bad genetics my kids might get from their dads. Who knows they'll drink themselves to death.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

Zero. But I will be an exceptional uncle to whatever number of kids my sister ends up having.

Two. I have two.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar

Between 2 and 4.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    359 sp/so
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Do you live in a war zone?
    I was thinking that she lived in 1848 and traveling west. If Oregon Trail has taught me anything, roughly half of your children will contract dysentry and keel over.
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Senior Member Array Hitoshi-San's Avatar
    6w7 sp/sx

I'm a female. I want a minimal amount - 3 at the most. Kids are expensive and they don't get the care and attention they need if you have too many. I would willingly adopt.

451 sp/sx
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeApple
    They're usually ugly and they really don't do anything, but they sure NEED a lot. Kids aren't interesting until they can talk, IMO, or at last move around and do silly stuff.
    That's exactly how I feel about babies, but I usually keep it a secret, lest budding parents regard me as they would a violent psychopath.

What I'm looking for in other people is the ability to reciprocate my thought and expression with equally rich thought and expression, as well as the ability to draw forth my feelings of affection (the last is the most important thing). Babies do not really succeed in either regard. For the most part they just make loud noises and smelly messes. It's the same reason I'm not really a dog person. I like dogs and babies. I just wouldn't want to be the constant caretaker of one.

On the other hand, I think teenagers can be a lot of fun. Their lives are full of the good kind of drama, the kind of drama that involves a lot of emotion over nothing very consequential. It takes a long time for a baby to turn into a teenager, though.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled
    The legacy thing is strange to me and something I notice men speak of more (and perhaps why naming a child after themselves and passing down their family name and material possessions seems more of a concern for men).
    It's not really a legacy thing for me. I have pretty much have no desire whatsoever to pass on my name, identity, etc. through descendents (that kind of thing I like to pass on through art, which I'm more in control of than my name and genetics). I just think it would be nice if a little speck of this body could transcend death for as long as possible. That desire isn't strong enough for me to want to have children, especially since my body will be living on in other ways (it will be returning to the ecosystem).
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Tempbanned Array
    EIE Ni

I would like to have anywhere between 2 and 4 children, ideally 4 but we shall see (while I would be open to more, it becomes a hassle finding a suitable house for such a large family and traveling would be hard, too).

I would never willingly adopt.

9w1 sp/sx
    ILI Ni

The poll doesn't have my option.

Anyways, no kids for me.

But if a dude had some, and I just so happened to marry him. I would adopt them.
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate.

Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Eric

Healer-in-Training Array Morning Star's Avatar
    9w1 sx/so
    EII Ne

Between 3-4 - being a triplet myself, I'd be okay with raising this many kids later on in my life. I understand that siblings can be each other's best friends (even if at some point in their lives they believe each other to be worst enemies ), and hopefully will be there for each other throughout their lives.

I'm also fine with adoption.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS:,