User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many children would you ideally like to have (bio or otherwise)?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Male: I don't want children.

10 14.93%
  • Male: 1 - 2

9 13.43%
  • Male: 3 - 4

7 10.45%
  • Male: 5+

2 2.99%
  • Female: I don't want children.

12 17.91%
  • Female: 1 - 2

10 14.93%
  • Female: 3 - 4

9 13.43%
  • Female: 5+

0 0%
  • Male: 2 - 3

3 4.48%
  • Female: 2 - 3

5 7.46%
First 23456 Last

Permabanned

2 the most, also i wouldn't want to adopt, i'd like to see my own chia pet grow.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    Come on, nowadays everybody knows it's not a matter of overpopulation, it's a matter of resource distribution... Moreover your way of living has a much more negative impact on your "lovely planet" than the ecological footprint of a bunch of Bengalis for instance. Remember it before blaming others for their choice.
    http://oregonstate.edu/ua/ncs/archiv...ental-emphasis

Of course, making the rest of the world more equal is very important. I'm just 'lucky' to be born into a first world society.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

MBTI
    WILD

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    http://oregonstate.edu/ua/ncs/archiv...ental-emphasis

Of course, making the rest of the world more equal is very important. I'm just 'lucky' to be born into a first world society.
    Depends on what equality is based on... The problem is that all countries want to be in line with the western capitalist system and our way of life, and it's impossible to go against this process for many (not only ethical) reasons.

It's a bit more complicated than that, partly because as a country is achieving a sustainable development, and people are getting access to education, at the end there's a demographic regulation. And mostly because, even if the population declines, we'll still need to reconsider the whole economic system we all participate...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Not against the idea of fostering a child, nor adopting a child, nor informally caring for a child that is just in a bad situation and needed serious help. I like helping others, and I like caring for people that need someone in their life. Having children though terrifies me--every facet of the procedure, to the point where I am terrified of the pediatrics rotations I'll be going through in school in the fall.

I have nightmares of having a child. I'm especially terrified of caring for a child primarily--either due to the father working, or being on my own entirely.

I've said before on here I have no idea what the future holds for me, and I'm not a mind reader.. but at the age of 27 I still feel as firmly on the issue as when I was 15. Hypothetically, if I truly loved someone, and they loved me, and I knew there was no way they'd abandon me, and they wanted a kid so badly that it was putting a serious strain on our relationship and I knew it was something he wanted to truly fulfill in his life.. I'd entertain the idea of him being a stay-at-home dad, on the condition that he doesn't get all butt-hurt and uppity about me basically ignoring the kid for the first 4-5 years, and especially in the first 2 years. I just cannot handle it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I want 3 kids: 1 or 2 biological children when I'm 35-38, and then I'll adopt the rest. Like a lot of people, many of my reasons for wanting kids are selfish, but I think I'll make a pretty good mother someday.

Stansmith

Two. Boy and a Girl.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

5+. There's no sense setting up a good method unless you efficiently keep it going for multiple people. Besides, big families can be amazing. Or horrible. But I'd make sure it wasn't horrible. Or so I think . . . But I doubt this will happen.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

None. I don't think motherhood is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    I want 3 kids: 1 or 2 biological children when I'm 35-38, and then I'll adopt the rest. Like a lot of people, many of my reasons for wanting kids are selfish, but I think I'll make a pretty good mother someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    None. I don't think motherhood is for me.
    Why the change of heart?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

For some weird reason, I changed mind and would like to have 2 or 3 children, providing I find an awesome partner.