• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Liquor, where to start?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I like Irish whiskey or bourbon. The Irish I tend to drink straight with a few drops of water, the bourbon I'll often have with Coke unless it's a good brand, then I'll have it straight sometimes. If I'm feeling like a sweet-ish cocktail, I'll add a little splash of grenadine and a cherry to my bourbon and Coke.

I'll drink other liquors from time to time, but I absolutely never have gin or Scotch. They're simply unfit for human consumption. :D Blech!

As opposed to someone who posted earlier, I think whiskey is a natural choice for a beer drinker looking to explore liquor. Many of the ingredients and flavors are the same, and the classic boilermaker is a good example of how they work well together.

I agree. I am a big fan of craft beers and high-end bourbons. They go well together (until you've had too many, of course).

locke

MBTI Type
INFJ

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
That's a pretty fuckin' good signature. I don't know if it's worth five dollars, but it's pretty fuckin' good.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my room mate got a bottle of bacardi watermelon rum, and I tried some. It was good. Then again I like watermelon flavored stuff and rum, so that makes sense. I bet it would taste pretty good in strawberry pop.

I've also been drinking gin & tonics reacently and my room mate tried some and she liked it. though I have to have extra lime in them or else I find them undrinkable

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hendrick's gin and tonic with a spear of cucumber... it's really the only gin I find worth drinking and it doesn't taste the least like something you would clean the toilet with ;)

Dark rum with ginger ale- a dark and stormy- hard to get a bartender who knows what that is in the midwest :dry:

Fernet and coke- kind of bitter and earthy, but addictive once you get used to it :drool:

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of premium vodkas- not enough character for my tastes. I've always been pleased with a glass of Stoli with a large splash of olive juice and a handful of olives- I love dirty dry martinis- and there's NOTHING better than vodka olives :wubbie:

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Whiskey/Bourbon
Makers Mark
Elijah Craig
High West
Knob Creek

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Perhaps this thread should be retitled : " All Whinos! Tell Me What You Got in Your Paper Bag!"

:D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
It doesn't matter what liquor you choose, for you, it's all down from here.

Sick of beer, why not smoke weed?

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"Nothin' inna bag but vomit, offisha... I shwear...."

You can keep your bag then. lol

I'm just...gonna..... go....waaaaayyy over ... here.....

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This thread makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :rolleyes:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I'm sick and tired of beer.

I've been listening to James Bond audio books and I want to be able to order a wide range of mixed drinks to fit my mood and surroundings.

I need someone to instruct me on the ways of simple mixes.

Surely with the James Bond audio books, it'll have to be a vodka martini, shaken not stirred!

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm a beer person, myself. A nice dark beer, like St. Paulie Girl Dark or Guinness Extra Stout.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm a beer person, myself. A nice dark beer, like St. Paulie Girl Dark or Guinness Extra Stout.

Dark beer totally dominates. There's a brewery by us that makes an awesome one. I want to try some Dark Lord imperial stout, though.

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dark beer totally dominates. There's a brewery by us that makes an awesome one. I want to try some Dark Lord imperial stout, though.

I knew I liked you. :D

What's the name of the brewery?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hassz aniyowne seehn miy glahzssehs ?!?!?!

frau_besoffen.jpg