• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Recommend a dishwasher

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
As I'm in the market in the near future for a tiny dishwasher, I can't help you much on huge models. However, if you happen to be in the market in the future, these have some of the better reviews I've seen on amazon--for the price and size it isn't awful seeming.

Three demographics seem to use this:
1. Tiny house/apartment people, obviously.
2. I've seen people that are bachelors say that this is actually quite sufficient for them despite its issues since they don't cook with multiple pots and pans everyday.
3. People who cook so much they even fill up their full sized dishes more frequently than they'd like. I've seen a lot of reviews of people saying this was great because they could have both running and they didn't have to wash those last few dishes by hand and saved water this way.

Bonus: You can use the clean rinse cycles to fill up a soaking bin for new dishes being made. Can't really do that with a full sized dishwasher, though I think it'd be a good idea to make them more water efficient--to have the pre-rinse cycles powered by a reservoir of the clean-rinse cycle water.

http://www.amazon.com/EdgeStar-Setting-Countertop-Portable-Dishwasher/dp/B005NK21MM

http://www.amazon.com/Danby-DDW496W...070948&sr=1-33&keywords=countertop+dishwasher

Just an option to keep alternatives in mind :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I suppose when whirlpool was still American. But Korean company owns it now, if I am not mistaken.

The Whirlpool HQ is near Benton Harbor, Michigan. Parts might be imported but they are made right here.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
The Whirlpool HQ is near Benton Harbor, Michigan. Parts might be imported but they are made right here.

I used to work in an injection molding factory that made Whirlpool parts in Michigan, so i know some are made here.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I used to work in an injection molding factory that made Whirlpool parts in Michigan, so i know some are made here.

I know a few people that make parts for Kitchen Aid (same company) too. Actually, a family member got us the great deals on our kitchen appliances. We only had to go pick them up, which is about a 1.5hr drive. My hot water heater is from the Bradford White corporation, which is located a short distance from where we live. It's important to me to support these Michigan businesses, as long as they make a quality product, and I support other small business whenever I can. Seriously, you can't take 4 sliding door screen doors to a big box hardware store for re screening for $100. I did, right at my local ACE Hardware.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe I was just the sucker that got a Korean only manual.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
As I'm in the market in the near future for a tiny dishwasher, I can't help you much on huge models. However, if you happen to be in the market in the future, these have some of the better reviews I've seen on amazon--for the price and size it isn't awful seeming.

Three demographics seem to use this:
1. Tiny house/apartment people, obviously.
2. I've seen people that are bachelors say that this is actually quite sufficient for them despite its issues since they don't cook with multiple pots and pans everyday.
3. People who cook so much they even fill up their full sized dishes more frequently than they'd like. I've seen a lot of reviews of people saying this was great because they could have both running and they didn't have to wash those last few dishes by hand and saved water this way.

Bonus: You can use the clean rinse cycles to fill up a soaking bin for new dishes being made. Can't really do that with a full sized dishwasher, though I think it'd be a good idea to make them more water efficient--to have the pre-rinse cycles powered by a reservoir of the clean-rinse cycle water.

http://www.amazon.com/EdgeStar-Setting-Countertop-Portable-Dishwasher/dp/B005NK21MM

http://www.amazon.com/Danby-DDW496W...070948&sr=1-33&keywords=countertop+dishwasher

Just an option to keep alternatives in mind :D

Great ideas, but I'm more into consumption than that. :newwink:

Maybe I was just the sucker that got a Korean only manual.
Start reading at the other side of the manual. ;)