User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

As I'm in the market in the near future for a tiny dishwasher, I can't help you much on huge models. However, if you happen to be in the market in the future, these have some of the better reviews I've seen on amazon--for the price and size it isn't awful seeming.

Three demographics seem to use this:
    1. Tiny house/apartment people, obviously.
    2. I've seen people that are bachelors say that this is actually quite sufficient for them despite its issues since they don't cook with multiple pots and pans everyday.
    3. People who cook so much they even fill up their full sized dishes more frequently than they'd like. I've seen a lot of reviews of people saying this was great because they could have both running and they didn't have to wash those last few dishes by hand and saved water this way.

Bonus: You can use the clean rinse cycles to fill up a soaking bin for new dishes being made. Can't really do that with a full sized dishwasher, though I think it'd be a good idea to make them more water efficient--to have the pre-rinse cycles powered by a reservoir of the clean-rinse cycle water.

http://www.amazon.com/EdgeStar-Setti.../dp/B005NK21MM

http://www.amazon.com/Danby-DDW496W-...top+dishwasher

Just an option to keep alternatives in mind
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    I suppose when whirlpool was still American. But Korean company owns it now, if I am not mistaken.
    The Whirlpool HQ is near Benton Harbor, Michigan. Parts might be imported but they are made right here.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    STUF

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    The Whirlpool HQ is near Benton Harbor, Michigan. Parts might be imported but they are made right here.
    I used to work in an injection molding factory that made Whirlpool parts in Michigan, so i know some are made here.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    I used to work in an injection molding factory that made Whirlpool parts in Michigan, so i know some are made here.
    I know a few people that make parts for Kitchen Aid (same company) too. Actually, a family member got us the great deals on our kitchen appliances. We only had to go pick them up, which is about a 1.5hr drive. My hot water heater is from the Bradford White corporation, which is located a short distance from where we live. It's important to me to support these Michigan businesses, as long as they make a quality product, and I support other small business whenever I can. Seriously, you can't take 4 sliding door screen doors to a big box hardware store for re screening for $100. I did, right at my local ACE Hardware.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Maybe I was just the sucker that got a Korean only manual.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    As I'm in the market in the near future for a tiny dishwasher, I can't help you much on huge models. However, if you happen to be in the market in the future, these have some of the better reviews I've seen on amazon--for the price and size it isn't awful seeming.

Three demographics seem to use this:
    1. Tiny house/apartment people, obviously.
    2. I've seen people that are bachelors say that this is actually quite sufficient for them despite its issues since they don't cook with multiple pots and pans everyday.
    3. People who cook so much they even fill up their full sized dishes more frequently than they'd like. I've seen a lot of reviews of people saying this was great because they could have both running and they didn't have to wash those last few dishes by hand and saved water this way.

Bonus: You can use the clean rinse cycles to fill up a soaking bin for new dishes being made. Can't really do that with a full sized dishwasher, though I think it'd be a good idea to make them more water efficient--to have the pre-rinse cycles powered by a reservoir of the clean-rinse cycle water.

http://www.amazon.com/EdgeStar-Setti.../dp/B005NK21MM

http://www.amazon.com/Danby-DDW496W-...top+dishwasher

Just an option to keep alternatives in mind
    Great ideas, but I'm more into consumption than that.

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Maybe I was just the sucker that got a Korean only manual.
    Start reading at the other side of the manual.