• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm moving to Miami (very likely) may of 2015

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
What are parts to avoid, I plan on going to FIU so I'd prefer to live near there my rent limit is around 1300 with a room mate. I can go up slightly but not much more, the 1300 is the total. say i can go up to about 1500

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are parts to avoid, I plan on going to FIU so I'd prefer to live near there my rent limit is around 1300 with a room mate. I can go up slightly but not much more, the 1300 is the total. say i can go up to about 1500

Parts to avoid = Miami. No. Florida.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's great news, purps :hug:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd avoid the parts that are hot.

I don't mind living in shithole apartments, but I could not live with a roommate...i'd pay higher rent not to live with a roommate. But i'm finding I can barely live without a computer.

Oh shit...roommates in Miami...a Golden Girls remake?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was streetviewing through Miami looking for interesting sights and this caught my eye:

miami_zpsedf9bae1.jpg

I didn't think such a mass of wires and cables existed in the US, definitely in India.

Mostly what I'm seeing is a poorish community with funky-looking houses, some that look like they were pieced together over time and painted with bright variegated colors, and yet with rather nice looking cars parked outside of them. The only thing attractive about it is the large forms of vegetation, interesting trees that won't grow up here in these yon northron climbs. The lawns (probably buffalo grass) look almost dead. Everything looks hot and humid.

All in all, Miami reminds me of a third-world country: a sharp distinction between rich and poor, with nothing in the middle.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Obligatory.

I'm deeply disappointed that no one beat me to this....