User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default Bill in TN for online data base for animal abusers

It would be like the sex offender registry, thoughts? for or against?

http://www.wsmv.com/story/24821346/b...animal-abusers
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I'm definitely for it. Hopefully it would help those not fit to own an animal shy away from getting a pet. And it might keep those who do own pets from doing anything rash in the heat of the moment. In general I think people who abuse animals need to face more consequences.

Plus, I'd like to see that girl who threw puppies into a river a while ago actually get some punishment. Even if it was in Bosnia. Hopefully the idea spreads.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I'm definitely for it. Hopefully it would help those not fit to own an animal shy away from getting a pet. And it might keep those who do own pets from doing anything rash in the heat of the moment. In general I think people who abuse animals need to face more consequences.

Plus, I'd like to see that girl who threw puppies into a river a while ago actually get some punishment. Even if it was in Bosnia. Hopefully the idea spreads.
    yeah I mean TN, is really trying to turn things around. They just made community college free to everyone and now this. It's largely a red state save for a few places. But there is memphis which is pretty liberal so is nashville apparently.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post

yeah I mean TN, is really trying to turn things around. They just made community college free to everyone and now this. It's largely a red state save for a few places. But there is memphis which is pretty liberal so is nashville apparently.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

"People that abuse animals, it's a gateway crime to eventually abusing humans. So we're trying to catch this on the front end," said state Rep. Darren Jernigan, D-Old Hickory.
    That's a huge load of BS in my opinion. It's essentially the same argument as "gateway drugs" which is a load of BS for most people as well.

I'm really hesitant of this law. I think it might cause more harm than good. The sex offender list is not perfect, and a great deal of folks on it have committed very minor acts, or the act really isn't a sex offence if you look at what occurred. There is a HUGE social stigma and nearly everyone assumes the individual committed the more severe acts that could end up on the list. Similar could happen with this.

If they are going to do this, they need to do it right.

But. I am also bias. I feel little empathy towards some animals, so I don't care all that much. I really don't like dogs (sue me), so I don't give a shit about them. Cats though, yep I have lots of empathy with them.

At the end of the day, this really isn't a priority issue.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

I'm not for or against it, but it seems like a bad idea.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It is about time they did this.

Always said that animal abusers should have it stamped or tatooed on their forehead that they are unfit to have animals.

Right now, it is too easy to get away with, not have to care and just get new victims as the animals literally have no voice to speak up with and they are considered property - objects to be used and discarded.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    That's a huge load of BS in my opinion. It's essentially the same argument as "gateway drugs" which is a load of BS for most people as well.

I'm really hesitant of this law. I think it might cause more harm than good. The sex offender list is not perfect, and a great deal of folks on it have committed very minor acts, or the act really isn't a sex offence if you look at what occurred. There is a HUGE social stigma and nearly everyone assumes the individual committed the more severe acts that could end up on the list. Similar could happen with this.

If they are going to do this, they need to do it right.

But. I am also bias. I feel little empathy towards some animals, so I don't care all that much. I really don't like dogs (sue me), so I don't give a shit about them. Cats though, yep I have lots of empathy with them.

At the end of the day, this really isn't a priority issue.
    I don't think that animal abuse is a gateway to human abuse, but those with abusive tendencies would be inclined to mistreat both animals and people. Cataloging those who have a history of exploiting or neglecting animals would likely highlight numerous individuals who wouldn't think twice about harming you or I. It's a matter of temperament. Furthermore, I really would appreciate a means to figuring out if, for instance, my next door neighbor has a poor history with animals before I ask them to take care of my pet for the weekend.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqcues Le Paul View Post
    I'm not for or against it, but it seems like a bad idea.
    why is it a bad idea?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    why is it a bad idea?
    It's a data base of "Criminals", plenty of people will end up on it under absurd reasons. Like for example the four year old boy who ended up as a sex offender. I actually remember a thread about it here on this forum too.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs