User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    Me too.
    It's a fun learning too, isn't it? I'd much rather be watching a bushcraft video than watching a game.

One of the things I like about learning to live primitively is the independence it offers. If a person can live without anything, then they are dependent upon nothing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    It's a fun learning too, isn't it? I'd much rather be watching a bushcraft video than watching a game.

One of the things I like about learning to live primitively is the independence it offers. If a person can live without anything, then they are dependent upon nothing.
    Yeah.
    I like learning about nature, too.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Love this shit.

I'm probably going to end up living in the woods alone or with someone.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Cool! I will be checking these out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    Yeah.
    I like learning about nature, too.

Me too. Nature is awesome! I like that quote!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Me too. Nature is awesome! I like that quote!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

if I could find a beautiful place to live where this wasn't illegal, and had some friends to join me, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I tried living wild when I first moved to colorado but its illegal. I mean you can hide from the rangers and be sneaky about it, but even then that's something I don't want to have to worry about. Otherwise I spent 3 weeks on an expedition in the olympic mountains, and it was the most amazing experience of my life. I make enough money off of passive income to buy food from a grocery store each month, but not enough to live a city life. I'm not a hippie, I'm a nomad. The difference is that one is a badass and one is lazy as fuck. And finding a girlfriend who also wants to be a "nomad" is quite a difficult challenge.

I decided that the perfect lifestyle would be 1 week in the wilderness, 1 week in civilization, on off. Perhaps I'll start looking into some mountain climbing meetup groups or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    if I could find a beautiful place to live where this wasn't illegal, and had some friends to join me, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I tried living wild when I first moved to colorado but its illegal. I mean you can hide from the rangers and be sneaky about it, but even then that's something I don't want to have to worry about. Otherwise I spent 3 weeks on an expedition in the olympic mountains, and it was the most amazing experience of my life. I make enough money off of passive income to buy food from a grocery store each month, but not enough to live a city life. I'm not a hippie, I'm a nomad. The difference is that one is a badass and one is lazy as fuck. And finding a girlfriend who also wants to be a "nomad" is quite a difficult challenge.

I decided that the perfect lifestyle would be 1 week in the wilderness, 1 week in civilization, on off. Perhaps I'll start looking into some mountain climbing meetup groups or something.
    Living wild permanently would be fun! I don't know if I can think of anything more awesome than three weeks in the Olympics!

My observation is that the longest trips tend to be with backpacking meetup groups or clubs.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Not educated on / into bushcraft and survival per se, but, find it very interesting. Also think it would be invaluable in many outdoor situations, most especially when unexpected things occur and survival does become a very real thing. I've backpacked/camped quite a lot, snow-shoed, done extensive hiking, and it definitely occurs to me off and on that that's all fine and dandy IF nothing bad happens (i.e. I have the food and tent, water filter, whatnot, for the X days that are planned), but if something unexpected does occur, supplies are destroyed or injury occurs or end up having to stay longer than planned, having additional knowledge could be difference between life and death. Though, typically I'm in areas with enough traffic (ie at least one or two hikers coming through each day) that pure raw survival isn't as much of a concern.

This guy is fairly new, but he knows his stuff and posts much of it for free online. I learn at least several new things from each of his videos. Here's a good one on how to light a fire in the winter.
    Cool. I found 1)the random wildlife (boar?) ambling through the site, and 2) the different properties (level of heat) between the birch bark vs. the lichen very interesting.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Not educated on / into bushcraft and survival per se, but, find it very interesting. Also think it would be invaluable in many outdoor situations, most especially when unexpected things occur and survival does become a very real thing. I've backpacked/camped quite a lot, snow-shoed, done extensive hiking, and it definitely occurs to me off and on that that's all fine and dandy IF nothing bad happens (i.e. I have the food and tent, water filter, whatnot, for the X days that are planned), but if something unexpected does occur, supplies are destroyed or injury occurs or end up having to stay longer than planned, having additional knowledge could be difference between life and death. Though, typically I'm in areas with enough traffic (ie at least one or two hikers coming through each day) that pure raw survival isn't as much of a concern.
    I'd call all of the stuff you do bushcraft. You just didn't label it before you did it. Nature study and awareness is a big part of bushcraft too, and I know you've got that down well.

Cool. I found 1)the random wildlife (boar?) ambling through the site, and 2) the different properties (level of heat) between the birch bark vs. the lichen very interesting.
    I think that may have been a reindeer calf? That was my initial impression without watching it again. Ha ha, thanks, I missed that about birch bark vs. lichen.