User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Have you ever tried feeding them mussels? I like to buy them from the store. I think they're actually still alive because you can sometimes notice that the shells open and close. I guess they have to be able to survive out of water for when the tide goes down. I guess they die when you steam/boil them.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I can't have an animal that's a pickier eater than I am.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

That's the one annoying thing about my little dog. I've always had mutts before and they can eat anything. I spill something on the floor, the dog licks it up. Everybody's happy. Not this guy. He even looks at something that isn't his normal food and try as he might he can't make it outside in time.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    That's the one annoying thing about my little dog. I've always had mutts before and they can eat anything. I spill something on the floor, the dog licks it up. Everybody's happy. Not this guy. He even looks at something that isn't his normal food and try as he might he can't make it outside in time.
    Yea I would want to find a dog that's at least as low maintenance as I am.

I'm happy playing with dogs, and taking em for walks, but I won't baby or pamper them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Yea I would want to find a dog that's at least as low maintenance as I am.

I'm happy playing with dogs, and taking em for walks, but I won't baby or pamper them.
    It just means I buy him Iams instead of Purina at the feed store and keep him away from spills while the other dog cleans them up. Not a huge deal for us.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

WhoCares

Back to dog psychology. I have a particular hatred of people who buy working breeds them give them the task of being a lawn ornament. When that doesn't work out it's the dog that ends up on the end of the green dream for failing to completely change its nature according to human whim. Breeds I am thinking of right now that end up as backyard lawn ornaments and are often dumped for 'bad behaviour'...

Huskies
    Samoyeds
    Australian cattle dogs
    Border collies
    Jack Russels

I'm sure there are others as well. But I always think its the person that should get the lethal injection for failing to grow a neuron and realise a dog bred for work needs work or it will go insane and act out.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    Back to dog psychology. I have a particular hatred of people who buy working breeds them give them the task of being a lawn ornament. When that doesn't work out it's the dog that ends up on the end of the green dream for failing to completely change its nature according to human whim. Breeds I am thinking of right now that end up as backyard lawn ornaments and are often dumped for 'bad behaviour'...

Huskies
    Samoyeds
    Australian cattle dogs
    Border collies
    Jack Russels

I'm sure there are others as well. But I always think its the person that should get the lethal injection for failing to grow a neuron and realise a dog bred for work needs work or it will go insane and act out.
    Our Jacks had a big, big yard with critters to chase. They seemed happy as could be.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Our border collie is always ready for just about anything and after, she'll ask "What's next?"
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Why do you hate the small dog breeds?

I never knew anybody could be choosy over dog sizes until I was an adult. My first experience of this was with a postman, probably an ISTP. We brought our cockapoo over to his house (he was a relative), the dog jumped up on his lap, and he immediately pushed it off with an expression of disgust. Then he smiled politely and explained himself saying that, as a postman, he hates yappy little dogs.

But it wasn't a yappy dog, this cockapoo was relatively quiet compared to yappy dogs.

In another case, an ISTJ veterinarian took my $250 lahsa-poo puppy, choked it up against the side of his pickup and growled in its face.

He stated that this was a technique he learned from Cesar Millan, and that it was designed to teach the puppy who is boss.

At first I thought, ok, he's an eduated veterinarian thinking he was doing a good deed, although the puppy was scared of me (for some reason) for the next two days. Furthermore, this puppy didn't have any discipline problems whatsoever. The lhasa-poo breed is totally amazing in its intelligence, polity, and laid-back yet playful nature.

Since I worked with this veterinarian a few hours a week, I slowly learned that he believe his cattle dog was superior to my non-working breed, and all my efforts to convince him that dogs are just different, intended to meet different needs for humans, were met with little more than contemptuous smirks.

Why be such a Nazi over dog breeds?
    that's your doggie? omg it's cute! lhassa-poo??? i think i want.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Companionship and love is useless?
    right??!! i wanna lil tiny snuggly thing that makes me laugh. i miss having a dog. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison