Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I love it.

11 68.75%
  • Yes, begrudgingly.

2 12.50%
  • Not if I can help it.

3 18.75%
  • No, I am a robot who does not require sustenance.

0 0%
123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Default Cooking, do you do it?

Well, do ya?

I've always loved cooking. When I was tiny I used to pull a chair up to the counter and beg my mom to let me help crack eggs or stir things. I loved being able to say that I helped. Once, I "helped" so much that my mom forgot to put the sugar in lemon bars.
    I find cooking to be extremely rewarding, and enjoyable. I love to cook and bake for my friends, I find it very rewarding.

But seriously, if you do cook, do you enjoy it? Or do you just do it because you have to eat? What is your favorite thing to make?

If you don't cook, why don't you? Is it just lack of know how, or do you just hate it? Or both?
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I cook when I have to, despite knowing perfectly well how likely I am to burn things in the kitchen...
    Would love to improve, though - there are certain recipes from my own culture that I want to try making on my own.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I cook sometimes. I'm pretty decent at it, but I do it for the final product, not for love of the process. If I had someone else to cook stuff I liked for me, I probably wouldn't do it very often at all. Unless I had someone to clean the kitchen up after me. Then it might be more fun.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AngelLight2012 View Post
    I cook when I have to, despite knowing perfectly well how likely I am to burn things in the kitchen...
    Would love to improve, though - there are certain recipes from my own culture that I want to try making on my own.
    What culture is that?

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I cook sometimes. I'm pretty decent at it, but I do it for the final product, not for love of the process. If I had someone else to cook stuff I liked for me, I probably wouldn't do it very often at all. Unless I had someone to clean the kitchen up after me. Then it might be more fun.
    Seriously though. I'm always so envious when I watch cooking shows and they just get to throw the dirty dishes in the sink and move on. My current apartment doesn't have a dishwasher.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    What culture is that?
    Indian/Kashmiri

There's one particular sweetbread called "Roth" that my mom makes at least once a year, for our Punn pooja (where we pray for prosperity within our home). She has promised me and my sister that she will pass down the secret recipe to both of us when we're ready - according to tradition, the head woman in the household is responsible for preparing everything necessary and for leading the pooja. I want to at least keep that tradition alive.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Enneagram
    N/A

No.

...but I hate doing a lot of things or at least I don't care to do a lot of things.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I didn't vote, since there's no mid-option.

Yeah, I cook. I wouldn't say it's something I'm particularly passionate about, but it's gotta be done.
    I have the free time to do so, & it tends to be cheaper/healthier. Also, I prefer knowing/having control over what's in my food.

I don't think I do it begrudgingly. I feel neutral about it, as it's a necessity. And I make necessities enjoyable- when I can- through exploration & experimentation. If something comes out well, I'm pleased, but it's not a fulfilling activity in of itself to me. When it comes to rote tasks, my body's mostly on auto-pilot, while my brain's elsewhere.

That's about all, I guess. /shrug
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    yupp

first i figure what i'm going to make (it helps if I plan in advance, like me and my mom sit down and figure out what were having for dinner each night, I'd get overwhelmed if I had to figure it out on the spot)
    then I check to see if i have everything
    then i preheat the oven if need be or begin boiling water
    then i prep the first part of what i'm cooking
    preheat a pan
    add food
    prep more while food is cooking
    do my thing
    complete process
    serve and eat

oh i missed read the title i thought it said how do you do it.

yes i cook obviously

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yes I love to cook. It's a creative outlet for me and I usually have a pretty willing audience so I don't usually get into a rut or bored with it. I love to bake too.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Yes I love to cook. It's a creative outlet for me and I usually have a pretty willing audience so I don't usually get into a rut or bored with it. I love to bake too.
    Same here. I've always loved to do it and I really enjoy experimenting with cooking.

Unfortunately, I've lost some of the joy I used to have in it. Over the past couple of years it's began to seem more like a chore than anything fun.