User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Planet Earth

MBTI
    INXP

A cliche, I know, but anything with David Attenborough has the potential to be life-changing if the time is invested and you give yourself up to it. His latest Life in Cold Blood series was wonderful.

Michael Palin's Sahara is profound for a bit of worldliness, too.

I'll get on to those veoh links.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    A cliche, I know, but anything with David Attenborough has the potential to be life-changing if the time is invested and you give yourself up to it. His latest Life in Cold Blood series was wonderful.

Michael Palin's Sahara is profound for a bit of worldliness, too.

I'll get on to those veoh links.
    I think "Life on Earth" was probably my first real science book. I can remember being enthralled by it at about age 7. Some of the science was a tad heavy, but the amazing photos and history just carried it for me. It was life changing, I believe. Like a childhood enlightenment

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    My parents have the series on DVD. Isn't there one called "Blue Planet" or something for the ocean life? They have that too. I haven't watched them but I've really been wanting to. I'd like to see it on blu-ray....
    That series was amazing. The first three I remember having me interested, then number 4 came on. It's title was "The Deep", and Lo! It was badass.

Also, do you remember that one, I think it was "After the Dinosaurs", that detailed the life that arose immediately after the Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction, and basically tracked the "Age of Mammals"?

That was awesome.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I don't have the "Blue Planet" one. Never seen it. If I like Planet Earth, I might check that one out afterwards.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    I second the Baraka suggestion.

Microcosmos is wonderful as well.
    Baraka was really cool. We watched it at school once, no one had any idea what the hell was going on, but I thought it was cool (and I think I got the "meaning" of it, too, if there is one).

Planet Earth is such an amazing series. We watched it in Science in grade 10, I loved it. I wouldn't mind seeing it again. I loved how well shot it was and how much veriety there was to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post

BEAUTIFUL ANIMAL! Big Cats just fill me with this sense of awe... especially in their eyes, those eyes are amazing, how can an animal not of my species be so much more visually appealing to me than a human? I mean not sexually of course if it came off that way but honestly some creatures are just so much better looking than us lol.

*runs downstairs*

"Maaaaaa' can we get a leopard??? PLEEEEASSEEE? But Maaaaaaa'!! I want it I want it I want it!!"

I'd also like to note: Beautiful animals, usually smaller ones, but in the case of big cats it still applies.. that is what "Didums" means to me. Thats why I've got this cute little anteater avatar, its a "didums" to me, I don't know if the word has any real meaning but it doesn't matter lol.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Hahaha yes it's a beautiful cat, isn't it?? I don't think you can have it as a pet though, young Tarzan.

For you:

YouTube - Amur Leopard