• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Turnips

Are turnips under-appreciated?

• Total voters

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Turnips r cool.

Also they remind me of Mario 2 which is cool as well.

1 pro-turnip vote here.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Turnips r cool.

Also they remind me of Mario 2 which is cool as well.

1 pro-turnip vote here.

I sure hope more people turnip for this poll. How can I have reliability data regarding the feelings of the community towards turnips without more participation?

Anyway, for participating, I wish for turnips to show up in your life soon.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The problem with turnips is that you forget about them, which makes no sense because they are delicious. Perhaps it's because they occupy that unstable space between a potato and a carrot, and if you don't focus with intent on a turnip, the mind slips magnetically to the aforementioned root polarities.

I put turnips in my roast vegetables today because of this thread.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The problem with turnips is that you forget about them, which makes no sense because they are delicious. Perhaps it's because they occupy that unstable space between a potato and a carrot, and if you don't focus with intent on a turnip, the mind slips magnetically to the aforementioned root polarities.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Turnips are pretty bomb. Especially in greens. :yes:

Starry

Are turnips and rutabagas the same thing? One of those makes me want to puke...and hide them in my napkin and ask to be excused holding that mush in my hand to secretly flush down the toilet so I can still have dessert...

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Are turnips and rutabagas the same thing? One of those makes me want to puke...and hide them in my napkin and ask to be excused holding that mush in my hand to secretly flush down the toilet so I can still have dessert...

They're not the same. I'm not a fan of rutabaga but turnips are delicious roasted and of course you can cook the green too.

turnip-vs-rutabaga.png

Starry

They're not the same. I'm not a fan of rutabaga but turnips are delicious roasted and of course you can cook the green too.

turnip-vs-rutabaga.png

Ew. Rutabagas even look like something you should never put into your mouth. Thank you for this visual warning.

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
I cooked turnips not too long ago. They were good until I got to the bitter aftertaste. Mostly they were pretty tasteless. I've read that if you cook them properly some of the bitterness goes away, but I haven't tried it yet. I think the only reason turnips exist is because they were one of those root vegetables that people could grow in colder climates and keep all winter long, before refrigerators existed - not because they were so awesomely delicious that the whole world absolutely had to have turnips.

Pinker85

Haha funny. But turnips have a slight zing to them that neither a carrot nor a potato possess ... That is if I'm remembering turnips properly.

I love turnips pickled in miso and turnip kimchee. With a streaming bowl of white rice and some ice cold green tea on a hot summer evening ... Mmm.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They are so yummy, especially mixed with rutabaga and carrots or with greens.