User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daily schedules/routines?

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    In my case, as an ISTP - I'm definately a 'chart-the-course' style person. I like to have some kind of plan or vision where I'm headed whether just short term for the day or in general. However, at the same time I need freedom to manuever. And I keep thinking 'if I was more organized and efficient about doing the crappy jobs then I'd have more time for the fun stuff and more freedom.' I can't even stand to have appointments late in the day or my day feels 'ruined' and I hate having it hanging over my head all day long.

It's a constant struggle.
    that's like me, I don't know why but I never listen to my own advice. It's like I need to do this now it's midnight I sat down to do to do this paper at noon, and I haven't started yet. Now I'm kicking myself for not starting sooner, btw I have two paragraphs written. I'm going to be up all night and might be able to take a nap before class. This is why coffee was invented. though I miss read appointments late in the day as "appointments late" I hate being late, I don't know why but I can't stand being late it causes so much anxiety. Even if it's just meeting friends I have to be early then when they're late that causes more anxiety cuz I'm like did they tell me the right time?

but when I follow a schedule I feel suffocated, it's like I need to make a schedule or I will do nothing but then I can't follow then I feel bad for making a schedule and ignoring it, but I can not follow it either.
    by @magpie

I try to keep a really loose schedule, prioritizing tasks... I can schedule in a dozen things to do in a day, but I usually only have 1 or 2 things that MUST be done, 1 or 2 things that SHOULD be done but aren't going to be a problem if they're not completed, and then the rest is stuff I'd like to get done but it's not important. It allows for a lot of procrastination.

I pretty much keep the same sort of weekly routine going this way, but I still have plenty of time for spontaneous activities, and I am able switch the activities around a lot depending on what things come up during the week.