• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

pizza

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
um...i like veggie pizza the best. doughy, floppy crust is my favorite.

93JC

Crispy crust with no fillings of any sort (don't really care about whether it's 'white' or whole wheat, just no cheese or anything else stuffed in it), tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni. I don't mind some added things (veggies, bacon bits and the like), but I don't like deep dish. I've had meatlovers pizzas with thick chunks of ham; it's gross. Too much stuff.

Edit: Oh, and no jalapenos, pineapple, anchovies or mushrooms.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
If it's just for me it's either a roasted vegetable or margarita pizza on thin crust or extra cheese and anchovies on thick crust. I also love a grilled cheeseburger pizza.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
If I'm at a really good pizza joint (like Pele's here in town) I'll have a Neapolitan style Margherita pie thank you very much:

Margherita2.jpg

Big fan of goat cheese pies as well, and a good salami, prosciutto, etc.. pie.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
There's a New York style place here that does a honey mustard & chicken pizza that is TDF. And another sort of posh place does one called Shepherd's Pie with potatoes and carmelized onions on it, also TDF. They have one with spaghetti & meatballs on it too, pretty good if only for the novelty factor.

But if it's just delivery like from Papa John's or whatever I like the thin crust veggie lovers or regular crust meat lovers. I order it well done. If the cheese isn't nice and melty and brown I'm not into it.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mexican for me

Pizza the Hutt, agrees with me
0455974_1271_MC_Tx360.jpg

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
mozarella or meatballs, paprika and pineapple - looooots of pineapple :drool:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I better place my toilet paper in the freezer tonight.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Actually, there exists a lot of different dishes very close to the original Napolitan pizza.

Take for instance the Sfiha, a traditionnal Arab dish. It's exactly identical to an Italian pizza, except that the meat is mutton.

Or the Syrian Manaqish... similar, but without tomatoes, and with a large portion of Zaatar (minced herbs).

Or the Armenian Lahmacun, probably my favorite. Basically, it's a pizza with just plain beef, chopped onions and tomatoes. But when it's cooked, you add fresh vegetables on the top: lettuce, peppers, pairsley, eggplant... that you sprinkle with lemon juice.

---
cf6bc58f-a4b4-4cd3-a928-104c87729922_normal.jpg

In France only, you have the famous pissaladière of Nice, made with a layer of slowly caramelised onions, then black olives, sardines and anchovies.

83150287_o.jpg

And in Alsace, you have the tarte flambée or Flammekueche, made with fresh cream, sliced onions and lardons (the kosher variant was made with duck instead of lardons). And sometimes, if you do not worry about the "fragrance" of your food (or if you want to have issues with your neighbours), you can add a Munster cheese to it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will never understand the pineapple as a pizza topping thing.

Duuuude, it adds juiciness to a dehydrated food (pizza is like grilled at 250 C) - just enough to quench any thirst and goes awesome with just about any meat - and cheese for that matter :happy2:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Duuuude, it adds juiciness to a dehydrated food (pizza is like grilled at 250 C) - just enough to quench any thirst and goes awesome with just about any meat - and cheese for that matter :happy2:

I blame your Belgian roots for that opinion. And I forgive you.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

:laugh:

I blame your Belgian roots for that opinion. And I forgive you.

Actually, it was my Norwegian boyfriend that introduced me to such a delight :D
And you're a doll for forgiving me for my grievances against the french cooking standard :D

Aw come on guys, pineapple is *epic :wubbie:

Roasted pineapple on the bbq with a nice piece of steak is awesome. Ohhh or with some juicy ribs :wubbie:

It is also awesome in a croque monsieur (grilled cheese, I believe its called in America), and it is definitely awesome on pizza :D

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I really like the barbecue chicken, bacon, and pineapple pizza from PJ's. Not a huge fan of pineapple on pizza with red sauce.