User Tag List

Thread: Permaculture

MBTI
    INxJ

Default Permaculture

Through a series of publications, Bill Mollison, David Holmgren and their associates documented an approach to designing human settlements, in particular the development of perennial agricultural systems that mimic the structure and interrelationship found in natural ecologies.

Permaculture design principles extend from the position that "The only ethical decision is to take responsibility for our own existence and that of our children". The intent was that, by rapidly training individuals in a core set of design principles, those individuals could become designers of their own environments and able to build increasingly self-sufficient human settlements — ones that reduce society's reliance on industrial systems of production and distribution that Mollison identified as fundamentally and systematically destroying the earth's ecosystems.

Excerpt: Wikipedia

Thoughts, anyone?

MBTI
    INFP

On how small a scale does this usually begin? I wonder if the philosophy demands the eventual rejection of all industrial practices.

MBTI
    INxJ

On a personal scale, I think it would extend to one's own domicile. Here's an example currently in process of being constructed: design

In theory, it's ideal to eventually let go of industrial practices, but it's very impractical in a real world context. I have no intention of ever doing so.