• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who needs furniture?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
And if the house is furnished, there are also people who would be turned off by how Qlip went about furnishing the place. There is always someone what will be turned off by something. And in this case, I'd say they are both equally common. I agree that someone would find it unusual if they entered an occupied apartment that was unfurnished. If they start passing judgement, however, then I want them out of my house.

That's your prerogative.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I lived with nothing but an air bed and a chair for 2 years (was lazy and also didn't want to get tied down with furniture, as I wasn't happy with where I was living). It was fantastic. So much room to move around. The only question that arose was whether I'd get any action if I brought a woman back to my empty apartment, which was something I didn't care that much about. But as I read this thread, I realize that ENFPs not only would not care, but could actually like this setup (with the proper accessorizing). I didn't know other people fancied this!

Hah, I read this as... now I can do what I want, and find a sparkly ENFP girl to come along for the ride.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hah, I read this as... now I can do what I want, and find a sparkly ENFP girl to come along for the ride.

haha it's true. would totally prefer no furniture to bad furniture.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
2401d79a68c21315162f894ab1a54b38.jpg

Oooh, Oooh! Blade Runner!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I do think Americans have a huge obsession with furniture though.. I mean.. People have whole storage units full of stuff they just don't need (clearly since they aren't using it actively), and pay thousands of dollars on individual pieces and moving them, etc. etc.

On the one hand.. I grew up around furniture. I love couches--you sleep on them, eat on them, talk on them, and ours was frequently the replacement dinner table as that was frequently covered in projects. My sister just finished decorating her house with the most stereotypical Texas stuff ever, and it looks so great and was really inviting and comforting. I think if I moved to another state or country I'd miss seeing that sort of stuff around.

.. And on the other hand.. I've lived for years at a time with only a mattress and a set of drawers. There is something really freeing about not having so many things to maintain. Of being able to get up and actually move with a minimal amount of stuff.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nesting in my studio apartment has been slow going, partially because I got to the point where I had the bare minimum and I went into bachelor mode spending. That's when you spend money on important things like booze and clothes. I got my AV setup pretty much completed, projector and sound installed. I decided that I needed to make a hanging mobile out of all of my electronics.

P1011275.jpg

P1011266.jpg

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Nesting in my studio apartment has been slow going, partially because I got to the point where I had the bare minimum and I went into bachelor mode spending. That's when you spend money on important things like booze and clothes. I got my AV setup pretty much completed, projector and sound installed. I decided that I needed to make a hanging mobile out of all of my electronics.

I feel you. My living room consists of a card table, an Xbox, a monitor, two studio monitors, and two rolling chairs. Bedroom consists of a mattress and lamp. Still need a No Girls Allowed sign... maybe some shelves too.

EDIT: I didn't actually read your OP. A floor of bean bag chairs and foam pads sounds utopian. I'll have to look into it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel you. My living room consists of a card table, an Xbox, a monitor, two studio monitors, and two rolling chairs. Bedroom consists of a mattress and lamp. Still need a No Girls Allowed sign... maybe some shelves too.

EDIT: I didn't actually read your OP. A floor of bean bag chairs and foam pads sounds utopian. I'll have to look into it.

Alright! Starting a movement. I want a 'No [something]' sign. There are soo many things I don't want in my apartment. STDs, Elephants, tornados, other apartments...

S

Stansmith

I'd kind of miss the elevation you get from having a bed, but if it works for you..