User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    And if the house is furnished, there are also people who would be turned off by how Qlip went about furnishing the place. There is always someone what will be turned off by something. And in this case, I'd say they are both equally common. I agree that someone would find it unusual if they entered an occupied apartment that was unfurnished. If they start passing judgement, however, then I want them out of my house.
    That's your prerogative.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    That's your prerogative.
    And also mine, and this is my thread. /win

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    I lived with nothing but an air bed and a chair for 2 years (was lazy and also didn't want to get tied down with furniture, as I wasn't happy with where I was living). It was fantastic. So much room to move around. The only question that arose was whether I'd get any action if I brought a woman back to my empty apartment, which was something I didn't care that much about. But as I read this thread, I realize that ENFPs not only would not care, but could actually like this setup (with the proper accessorizing). I didn't know other people fancied this!

Hah, I read this as... now I can do what I want, and find a sparkly ENFP girl to come along for the ride.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Hah, I read this as... now I can do what I want, and find a sparkly ENFP girl to come along for the ride.
    haha it's true. would totally prefer no furniture to bad furniture.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

Yep, it's going to be a rhomboid rhompus rhoom. No, I haven't read Veldt, but I think I should. Ray Bradbury is one of my favorites.
    good and it is an excellent story

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Oooh, Oooh! Blade Runner!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I do think Americans have a huge obsession with furniture though.. I mean.. People have whole storage units full of stuff they just don't need (clearly since they aren't using it actively), and pay thousands of dollars on individual pieces and moving them, etc. etc.

On the one hand.. I grew up around furniture. I love couches--you sleep on them, eat on them, talk on them, and ours was frequently the replacement dinner table as that was frequently covered in projects. My sister just finished decorating her house with the most stereotypical Texas stuff ever, and it looks so great and was really inviting and comforting. I think if I moved to another state or country I'd miss seeing that sort of stuff around.

.. And on the other hand.. I've lived for years at a time with only a mattress and a set of drawers. There is something really freeing about not having so many things to maintain. Of being able to get up and actually move with a minimal amount of stuff.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Nesting in my studio apartment has been slow going, partially because I got to the point where I had the bare minimum and I went into bachelor mode spending. That's when you spend money on important things like booze and clothes. I got my AV setup pretty much completed, projector and sound installed. I decided that I needed to make a hanging mobile out of all of my electronics.

MBTI
    ENTP

Nesting in my studio apartment has been slow going, partially because I got to the point where I had the bare minimum and I went into bachelor mode spending. That's when you spend money on important things like booze and clothes. I got my AV setup pretty much completed, projector and sound installed. I decided that I needed to make a hanging mobile out of all of my electronics.
    I feel you. My living room consists of a card table, an Xbox, a monitor, two studio monitors, and two rolling chairs. Bedroom consists of a mattress and lamp. Still need a No Girls Allowed sign... maybe some shelves too.

EDIT: I didn't actually read your OP. A floor of bean bag chairs and foam pads sounds utopian. I'll have to look into it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by solipsists View Post
    I feel you. My living room consists of a card table, an Xbox, a monitor, two studio monitors, and two rolling chairs. Bedroom consists of a mattress and lamp. Still need a No Girls Allowed sign... maybe some shelves too.

EDIT: I didn't actually read your OP. A floor of bean bag chairs and foam pads sounds utopian. I'll have to look into it.
    Alright! Starting a movement. I want a 'No [something]' sign. There are soo many things I don't want in my apartment. STDs, Elephants, tornados, other apartments...