User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Don't invite anyone over who has back problems.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Don't invite anyone over who has back problems.
    Chairs actually create back problems. No doubt some would be uncomfortable because they aren't used to the arrangement and may not have strong cores, but you can't please everyone.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Chairs actually create back problems. No doubt some would be uncomfortable because they aren't used to the arrangement and may not have strong cores, but you can't please everyone.
    My Father has a terrible back from being bent over periodontal patients all his life.

He has to sit in chairs, and needs lumbar support.

Slouching on pillows isn't an option for people with blown out backs.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My Father has a terrible back from being bent over periodontal patients all his life.

He has to sit in chairs, and needs lumbar support.

Slouching on pillows isn't an option for people with blown out backs.
    Dude, I've had 3 lower lumbar back surgeries. A person just needs to learn how to support themselves with their abdomen in something backless, not sit so much, and laying about is *always* an option.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Dude, I've had 3 lower lumbar back surgeries. A person just needs to learn how to support themselves with their abdomen in something backless, not sit so much, and laying about is *always* an option.
    A person just needs to be accommodating to guests.

Unless the only folks you plan on having over are bohemian waifs with nothing better to do than roll around on pillows.

Also, I'm not buying the "those who like chairs are out of shape (lack core strength)" argument you're peddling.

Yea its cool to have bean bag chairs when you're in college, and everyone you know is young and spry enough to lounge around all day, but in a world where I need to have my boss over for dinner, a living room looking like something out of Aladin isn't going to cut it.

It would be wise to include sitting arrangements for those who prefer a little more structure in their lives.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

A person just needs to be accommodating to guests.

Unless the only folks you plan on having over are bohemian waifs with nothing better to do than roll around on pillows.

Also, I'm not buying the "those who like chairs are out of shape (lack core strength)" argument you're peddling.

Yea its cool to have bean bag chairs when you're in college, and everyone you know is young and spry enough to lounge around all day, but in a world where I need to have my boss over for dinner, a living room looking like something out of Aladin isn't going to cut it.

It would be wise to include sitting arrangements for those who prefer a little more structure in their lives.
    There are reasons people have back problems and those have to do with accepted culture about sitting. It's ridiculous, and I'm saying that coming from dealing with a decade of back pain. The things that have relieved that is that I don't sit often and I ride my bike to work. And if this life style was easy to do in the Midwest or among people of 'propriety', I wouldn't have needed surgery 1 or 2. You take way too much of 'accepted knowledge' as acceptable.

I'm in hippie land, boyo, no shortage of bohemian waifs, they make good company. And, my boss would not mind lounging around. Other people, we'll can just go out for coffee at a place that has chairs and cappuccino machines, another thing I won't have for people who just might happen to want one.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

There are reasons people have back problems and those have to do with accepted culture about sitting. It's ridiculous, and I'm saying that coming from dealing with a decade of back pain. The things that have relieved that is that I don't sit often and I ride my bike to work. And if this life style was easy to do in the Midwest or among people of 'propriety', I wouldn't have needed surgery 1 or 2. You take way too much of 'accepted knowledge' as acceptable.

I'm in hippie land, boyo, no shortage of bohemian waifs, they make good company. And, my boss would not mind lounging around. Other people, we'll can just go out for coffee at a place that has chairs and cappuccino machines, another thing I won't have for people who might want one.
    Well if it won't impact you negatively socially then have at it.

As long as you are aware that there are people in the world that will be turned off by it, and aware of the fact that in the future you (for whatever reason) may need to have one of those folks over.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

As long as you are aware that there are people in the world that will be turned off by it, and aware of the fact that in the future you (for whatever reason) may need to have one of those folks over.
    Thanks, padre.

I lived with nothing but an air bed and a chair for 2 years (was lazy and also didn't want to get tied down with furniture, as I wasn't happy with where I was living). It was fantastic. So much room to move around. The only question that arose was whether I'd get any action if I brought a woman back to my empty apartment, which was something I didn't care that much about. But as I read this thread, I realize that ENFPs not only would not care, but could actually like this setup (with the proper accessorizing). I didn't know other people fancied this!

And if the house is furnished, there are also people who would be turned off by how Qlip went about furnishing the place. There is always someone what will be turned off by something. And in this case, I'd say they are both equally common. I agree that someone would find it unusual if they entered an occupied apartment that was unfurnished. If they start passing judgement, however, then I want them out of my house.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

No furniture is very Bay Area appropriate.