• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can i make my room more attractive??

adamrobinson

MBTI Type
abcd
Enneagram
abc
Hello Guys,

Me adam & newbie in this community.. I want to shifted in my old which is too dirty now but I want to renovate that room..So guys help me how can i make my room so he looks more attractive.... My current room picture is

5048859242_59d42d63bc_o.jpg

So give me some ideas how can i make my room more attractive & beautiful???

Attachments

• Old Room.jpg
    Old Room.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 103

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
re plaster the walls, redo/refinish the ceiling, floors and fireplace.

buy light fixture.

cool room tho. looks like fun!

Qre:us

Buy:
- a smoke alarm/fire alarm
- cover the room, floor to wall, with flame-retardant material
- fire extinguisher

Do:
- stop cooking, smoking, etc., inside the house

So, another fire doesn't happen again.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Looks like there is only one layer of old wallpaper, which is good. Scrape that off (probably want to rent a steamer), patch the holes, and paint it. Probably get a paint with primer (Kilz?) in it and get it in the five gallon slum lord buckets if you can.

Putting a ceiling in is a pain in the rear and I don't think it's a one person job. I'd pay someone to do it if you can afford to or find someone who knows how to do it to help you with it. It's not complicated, but it is awkward and you need to be pretty precise.

The floor you can probably wash with Murphy's Oil Soap and put some rugs down. That's all depending on a small budget, which is the only way I know how to do things.

Edit: The wiring, pay someone if you can. If not, get a few books on it. You can do it with conduit if you don't want to get behind the walls too much, but it doesn't look great. In a small room, it's not a big deal because a lot of the walls have furniture, but in a big room, it would show more.

Sunny Ghost

I think you could work with the walls the way they are. The dilapidated look could be interesting. It could be romantic/gypsy-like.

I think you need a chandelier. And some interesting art pieces. Candles on the mantle. Lots of different rich colors and textures of rugs. And lots of pillows and floor pillows. I'm assuming that's a window to the left. Put a long, ceiling to floor curtain over it. And second hand furniture made from some good woods only.

If that's not your bag, then... I'd spruce the place up. I think you should find a wallpaper similar to what's in there, and definitely keep the hardwood. Keep the mantle a simple color.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very trap house-chic, I like it. Just throw a bunch of pillows and blankets on the ground and buy a bunch of drugs.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Is this legitimately a picture of the place where you live? It's astonishingly beautiful in it's own run-down way.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I have to think no for some reason.

Yeah. You're probably thinking that because of how professional the photography is. It's why I asked my question. And the OP hasn't responded to any posts so meh.