User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Nice pic composition on that last one, Geoff.
    Very good eye, you found and made the most of the natural "S" there.
    :steam: Are you calling me a sensor?

If you, are thats cool

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Awesome Pictures. Quite nice to look at.

(I wonder how you get the colors, they seem brighter/bolder than when I go outside and see things myself.)

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    Awesome Pictures. Quite nice to look at.

(I wonder how you get the colors, they seem brighter/bolder than when I go outside and see things myself.)
    Wearing polarising lenses that aren't tinted will do this. Secondly, you need to boost the saturation a little. Which I do.. the effect I use is designed to be similar to velvia slide film (so about the same vibrancy boost as a quality traditional film)

Not sure if you can do both those things with the naked eye! Still, that's what art is for...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    :steam: Are you calling me a sensor?
    No, goof, the "S" in the stream!

If you, are thats cool
    Oh. well, sure, then -- okay!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    No, goof, the "S" in the stream!

Oh. well, sure, then -- okay!
    Yeah, I know. Just playing off the normal interpretation of "good use of the natural S" on a forum like this!

MBTI
    ISTx

Sensor pride.

MBTI
    INTP

Those photos are truly amazing, Geoff.
    Something Witty

I really need some sort of macro for answering a question like this (as it must be 20+ times on this forum alone)

It's a Canon EOS300D (Digital Rebel in US) SLR with a 17-40L, usually with a circular polariser. In these shots there is usually a tripod involved.
    Are you happy with your Canon, Geoff? Would you buy it again? I'm considering a Digital Rebel XTi, which is the newest iteration.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Are you happy with your Canon, Geoff? Would you buy it again? I'm considering a Digital Rebel XTi, which is the newest iteration.
    I would.. I might go just one model up in the range though, after years with the Rebel. It's been a good camera though, reliable and good in varied conditions.

The trick is pairing it with good glass. The kit lens is OK, but you'll notice a big difference with some L glass. Regrettably, so will your wallet.

I'm pretty sure you won't go wrong with it. You can always buy a better lens later too. Make sure you get at least a UV filter to protect the lens, and a polariser if you want some of the neater skies and colours to come through.

Canon and Nikon Digital SLRs are both good though, and I doubt there is much to choose between them as being the two main prosumer choices. I find some good advice on Steve's Digicams - Main Menu - good reviews and samples.

MBTI
    INXP

I would.. I might go just one model up in the range though, after years with the Rebel. It's been a good camera though, reliable and good in varied conditions.

The trick is pairing it with good glass. The kit lens is OK, but you'll notice a big difference with some L glass. Regrettably, so will your wallet.

I'm pretty sure you won't go wrong with it. You can always buy a better lens later too. Make sure you get at least a UV filter to protect the lens, and a polariser if you want some of the neater skies and colours to come through.

Canon and Nikon Digital SLRs are both good though, and I doubt there is much to choose between them as being the two main prosumer choices. I find some good advice on Steve's Digicams - Main Menu - good reviews and samples.
    I think it's probably the XSi that's the latest one. Here's the Steve's Digicams review of it :

Steves Digicams - Canon EOS Rebel XSi / 450D - Hands on Review