• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

dishes

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I leave for a couple days and i did the dishes right before i leave i come back there is no clean dishes and they're all piled in the sink, and they said they'll do them, but should i just do them, because its driving me nuts i ran a load last night so we could at least have some dishes.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I hate doing dishes with a fiery bloody passion.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I lived in the house with quite a few people at one point and was the only one who cared if the dishes were clean or not. I did all of the dishes for a good while until I finally got mad and took some dishes to my room for ME to eat off of and left the rest to just sit there until someone else gave up and did them. It took a while but they eventually got the point :laugh:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Between the dirty dishes and the hoola hoop incidents it sounds like you may need new roommates. Or, you could throw dirty dishes at them when they are hoola hooping and just say you are trying to play frisbee because all the hoops are taken.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
smart, i thought of putting dishes in their beds

I also once decided to let the dog lick all of the dishes clean and then just put them back in the cabinet, stating that I was tired of washing dishes and that dog saliva has antiseptic qualities anyway... that worked pretty well too :laugh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I also once decided to let the dog lick all of the dishes clean and then just put them back in the cabinet, stating that I was tired of washing dishes and that dog saliva has antiseptic qualities anyway... that worked pretty well too :laugh:

:laugh: nah one will do them but she waits so long, the other never puts her dishes in the dish washer

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you have a DISHWASHER and they don't use it? :shock: I can't fathom that... I'd LOVE to have a dishwasher but haven't since I lived in my parents' house!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
you have a DISHWASHER and they don't use it? :shock: I can't fathom that... I'd LOVE to have a dishwasher but haven't since I lived in my parents' house!

yeah it blows my mind aswell. I'm like fuck yeah I can just rinse and put them in add detergent and walk away, it's magical [little gnomes do the work]

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
3rd time running the dishwasher, but this last time was because i'm making a big dinner and want room in the dishwasher for the dishes from dinner [griots,coconut rice,and fruit salad]

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Solution: hopefully it'll work. I got yelled at about the dishes because I cook. It's like why am I the one getting the flack for this? fuck it, i'll just start breaking dishes over her head next time she pulls that shit. I pointed out that i cleaned up last time i cooked. View attachment 9648

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The way we run our house--breakfast and lunch are on our own, so we make it, and stick the dirty dishes in the washing machine.. after lunch we run it whether there's a few or a ton. Whoever is cooking has to put them away while they're cooking, and load the dishes they cooked. The people eating put their dishes in the washer when they're done. Last person to go to bed starts the washer. And whoever eats breakfast first that morning has to put dishes away. (Or sometimes we're lazy and pull them right back out for lunch.) This normally only works when there's designated cookers for the week though.

At least you have a dishwasher so you're not stuck at the sink forever with mushy-fingertip syndrome. If I were you and I refused to clean anyone else's stuff, I'd buy myself a color-coded set of plates and cookware and stuff and just use those colors and wash them immediately. Then everyone would know I didn't use it, so it couldn't be me doing the mess.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Dishes are what I hate most about cooking. Maybe get some kind of arrangement hashed out before you cook for everyone again. If that won't work, cook for yourself, wash and hide your own dishes. That would probably be what you'd have to do if you lived with somebody like me because I can let them pile up pretty badly before I get motivated enough to wash them. If someone else does them before I get to them, I'm delighted and appreciative, but it's like the dishwashing fairy made a surprise appearance or something. It won't make me think, "Oh, I should wash them sooner next time."

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Dishes are what I hate most about cooking. Maybe get some kind of arrangement hashed out before you cook for everyone again. If that won't work, cook for yourself, wash and hide your own dishes. That would probably be what you'd have to do if you lived with somebody like me because I can let them pile up pretty badly before I get motivated enough to wash them. If someone else does them before I get to them, I'm delighted and appreciative, but it's like the dishwashing fairy made a surprise appearance or something. It won't make me think, "Oh, I should wash them sooner next time."

we do have one but my room mates is like oh i'll clean up later and it never gets done.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
we do have one but my room mates is like oh i'll clean up later and it never gets done.
Time to, as one parenting author says, "Pull the rug out and let the little buzzards tumble."

I wash/clean as I cook as far as possible. I hate having a huge pile of dishes to do at the end.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
the sign works for 2 of us the 3rd is like oh i'll do it later and keeps putting it off. so you know....

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the sign works for 2 of us the 3rd is like oh i'll do it later and keeps putting it off. so you know....

Final solution: both you & Roommate 2 drag Roommate 3 to the sink.

One of you rubs her nose in the dishpile, while the other swats her with a rolled up newspaper, scolding, "WHAT DIDN'T U DOOOOO?"

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel uncomfortable if I haven't used a utensil for more than one thing before putting it in the sink. If you don't, you have never lived without a dishwasher. :shock: