User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 43

  1. #21
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    I like chicken when it's just been cooked, but I can't stand the flavor of it after it's been reheated... it takes on the "how wet birds smell" flavor quality that turkey has that I really, really, really hate. Seriously, that horrible birdy flavor can kick in my gag reflex quicker than almost anything

    freshly cooked chicken is awesome though, if you know how to cook it and don't make it half raw or overly dry

    of course, if left to my device I'd probably eat an entire grass fed cow every month because I absolutely adore beef... and I actually really love leaner cuts and grass fed as well whenever I can find it... it tastes all the cowier

    oddly, I have surprisingly low cholesterol
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #22
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Chicken is awesome. Enchiladas verdes con pollo is one of my favorite dishes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    I hate chicken because it makes me feel like a common person.

    You are fucking hilarious.

  3. #23
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    <3 fish & fowl. I don't eat any other meats.
    Never fried, and I always make it myself - unless it's sushi, obviously. I buy that already prepared.
    I'd like to try my hand at making duck, someday.
    Had a taste of it at a Thai place. Wasn't greasy [apparently it can be, often]. It was spicy and awesome.

    Fuck I'm hungry now.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  4. #24
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I like chicken when it's just been cooked, but I can't stand the flavor of it after it's been reheated... it takes on the "how wet birds smell" flavor quality that turkey has that I really, really, really hate. Seriously, that horrible birdy flavor can kick in my gag reflex quicker than almost anything

    freshly cooked chicken is awesome though, if you know how to cook it and don't make it half raw or overly dry

    of course, if left to my device I'd probably eat an entire grass fed cow every month because I absolutely adore beef... and I actually really love leaner cuts and grass fed as well whenever I can find it... it tastes all the cowier

    oddly, I have surprisingly low cholesterol
    Omg I hate old chicken taste too. It's so yuck. Chicken does not make good left-overs. I think turkey does better for this purpose.

    I remember even having a plate of fried chicken from KFC and thinking it was absolutely vile. Vile.

  5. #25
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    I only really like it if it's juicy. Preferably roasted with the skin on. No low fat for me. And it has to be free range and organic.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Ism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Chicken is pretty essential, though I wouldn't call it my favorite. That title belongs to freshly baked ham.

  7. #27
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    Chicken is pretty essential, though I wouldn't call it my favorite. That title belongs to freshly baked ham.


    if there were one food I'd remove from existence & universal memory of its existence.. it would be ham. No contest. I hate it so much.
    Ham is ... there aren't words
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  8. #28
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Ham is ... there aren't words
    D-leech-us.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  9. #29

    Default

    I love chicken. It's not my favorite, but it's by far the meat I eat the most because it's versatile, it keeps well once it's cooked, and it's pretty consistent in its quality. I'll roast a whole chicken on a weekend and then use it in various ways during the week.

    1. Beef (Only the good expensive stuff, so I don't have it often; I'd rather have chicken than meh beef, it's not worth the unhealthiness.)
    2. Pork (Except for ham. UGH. Especially deli ham, which I find inedibly bad.)
    3. Bison (Much leaner than beef, and a really nice flavor.)
    4. Chicken
    5. Duck
    6. Turkey (The vanilla ice cream of meats. Why bother?)
    7. Fish (I like canned tuna and I'll eat the bland white fishes. Other than that, ick.)
    8. Lamb (Ick.)
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  10. #30
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I love chicken. It's not my favorite, but it's by far the meat I eat the most because it's versatile, it keeps well once it's cooked, and it's pretty consistent in its quality. I'll roast a whole chicken on a weekend and then use it in various ways during the week.

    1. Beef (Only the good expensive stuff, so I don't have it often; I'd rather have chicken than meh beef, it's not worth the unhealthiness.)
    2. Pork (Except for ham. UGH. Especially deli ham, which I find inedibly bad.)
    3. Bison (Much leaner than beef, and a really nice flavor.)
    4. Chicken
    5. Duck
    6. Turkey (The vanilla ice cream of meats. Why bother?)
    7. Fish (I like canned tuna and I'll eat the bland white fishes. Other than that, ick.)
    8. Lamb (Ick.)
    (understands the lamb last thing, but doesn't understand people who try to distinguish between weekend and week)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-04-2017, 08:43 AM
  2. MBTI type and fans of indie music
    By paperoceans in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-24-2013, 05:53 PM
  3. Fans of Third Eye Blind Pre-Conflict
    By jackandthebeast in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 02:18 AM
  4. Fans of Post Secret
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 11:07 AM
  5. bored of sanity and insane - unhealthy or not?
    By foolish heart in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 01:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO