User Tag List

First 123

violaine

I'm gluten, soy, dairy, corn, egg, sugar (except for a nice glass of wine), peanut free. I put on weight with my pregnancy, of course, and lost 40 lbs immediately after I had my twins. But I've had a stubborn 20 lbs hanging around - partially due to breastfeeding. I went on an elimination diet and found out that I'm crazy allergic to gluten. I lost 10 lbs in 9 days after giving it up.

I decided to try to stick with what my ancestors prob ate... A tonne of meat and greens. I feel great. God, I hope they drank good wine!

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    I'm gluten, soy, dairy, corn, egg, sugar (except for a nice glass of wine), peanut free. I put on weight with my pregnancy, of course, and lost 40 lbs immediately after I had my twins. But I've had a stubborn 20 lbs hanging around - partially due to breastfeeding. I went on an elimination diet and found out that I'm crazy allergic to gluten. I lost 10 lbs in 9 days after giving it up.

I decided to try to stick with what my ancestors prob ate... A tonne of meat and greens. I feel great. God, I hope they drank good wine!
    Congratulations on the weight-loss and learning what foods are right for you! I'm learning what my body likes to eat, at the moment. It's kind of hard, experimenting when you live at home with your parents, but what I definitely know is that my body does not like gluten or sugar. I strongly suspect most people's don't. I'm trying to lose a little weight at the moment (I thought teenagers were supposed to be lean, no matter what junk they eat :/) so I'm mostly eating: eggs, meat, veg, fruit, and some high-fat dairy (and dark chocolate on weekends) I feel pretty good, and a lot less anxious. I have more energy, and I feel happier.

And it's OK - I'm pretty sure our ancestors didn't eat Green and Black's 85%

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by mos98 View Post
    Congratulations on the weight-loss and learning what foods are right for you! I'm learning what my body likes to eat, at the moment. It's kind of hard, experimenting when you live at home with your parents, but what I definitely know is that my body does not like gluten or sugar. I strongly suspect most people's don't. I'm trying to lose a little weight at the moment (I thought teenagers were supposed to be lean, no matter what junk they eat :/) so I'm mostly eating: eggs, meat, veg, fruit, and some high-fat dairy (and dark chocolate on weekends) I feel pretty good, and a lot less anxious. I have more energy, and I feel happier.

And it's OK - I'm pretty sure our ancestors didn't eat Green and Black's 85%
    Haha, well sux for them. Mmm, wine and chocolate. :-)

That's awesome that you're figuring it out so young.

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    Haha, well sux for them. Mmm, wine and chocolate. :-)

That's awesome that you're figuring it out so young.
    I bet if they had access to it, they wouldn't say no

And thank you I have a few obsessions right now: healthy eating and psychology are two main ones.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post

We eat meat with every meal.. and to be honest, I don't really care about it so much, but my father thinks it unspeakable if we don't have meat in our meals. I have gotten us on the 'meatless dinner night' once a week, but I've been experimenting with recipes we can make that will incorporate less meat into the diet.
    I started doing this a couple years ago. It went from once a week to now a few times a week. It seems to work like this - higher carbs/calories for breakfast and decrease as the day goes on. My ENFJ is ok with less meat but if I pushed it more he would certainly have a problem. A lot of nights we do tapas/mezze type dinners with little or no meat. The kids like it too, no one is overeating and it's easy to keep up portion control for myself.

Pretty cool scale you have there. Mine is way more lenient:
    - Burn more calories than you consume
    - Let yourself enjoy things every so often
    - Stick to a good diet so that you can do the last one
    - Make a conscious effort to eat the best ingredients you can afford (time and money wise)
    - If your favorite foods are unhealthy, experiment until you find a way to make them healthy
    One thing I do is shop the perimeter of the store. It's very true that this is where the items with less "stuff" are. Fortunately with summer here, it's easy to incorporate fresh, minimally processed foods. I don't have a set diet that I follow per se, just watch portions and exercise regularly.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.