Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Favorite Pasta Sauce in Jar or Can

Let's play 1950's house wife: which super convenient pre-packaged pasta sauce do you just loooooove?

When I was growing up, my grandparents prepared a disturbing amount of Ragu - Meat Flavor for their spaghetti, and as an adult I vowed to never eat it ever again. I was hooked on various Mushroom sauces for a while, especially Prego, but I've discovered that Classico Vodka Sauce is better than Wolfgang Puck Vodka Sauce, it's better than the vodka sauce I had at a restaurant in Venice beach (that I paid like 12-13 bucks for a plate of pasta with it, wtf), and it's some kind of pasta sauce from the gods.

What's your favorite?

I love the Buitoni pesto with basil, it packs a nice hit of pine nuts and parmesan cheese and is good with pasta as well as on toasted bread. Apart from that, I don't really like canned sauces in general though, at least not until I've made a ton of my own adjustments. Might as well start from scratch most of the time.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't think I'm very picky about it. I might have a slight preference for Prego over Ragu, but I don't mind generic or even canned Hunts, etc if I've got some salsa and brown sugar to doctor it with. My tastes kind of run toward trailer trash, though.

If I'm in the mood for snooty sauce for some reason, this recipe is overpriced but not scandalously so, different, simple, and tastes pretty good and it's not so weird that my family won't eat it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

ReflecTcelfeR

Ew.

The Iron Giant

Probably this one.

00054193000057_full.jpg

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

My father cans sauce he makes and I really do love that stuff.. but, unfortunately, we run out of it pretty quick once we re-discover the stash in the pantry.

Classico is usually my go-to for something quick and instant.. It really is convenient and doesn't taste awful for being canned and from a store. Most of the time though.. I just use regular cheap dented canned tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, a bit of tomato paste, water, and add salt, pepper, oregano, marjoram, basil, and thyme.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Usually they're about 8-10 dollars a jar

Honestly, I have yet to find anything better. My family is friends with the DelGrosso family, and we get pasta sauce for gifts every holiday.
    The Symbol of the King*The Absolute Does Not Exist*Kingship Will Bring Me Freedom
    5w4-4w5-1w9

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

What is this vodka sauce crap? Never seen it around in 26 years of living in italy.

Anyways, nothing beats Pesto, the best one NOT being Barilla but COOP:

This is how it likely looks like abroad. Absolutely top notch.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

havent tried many of them, dolmio is best from what i have tried(but it needs a bit of tuning with correct spices), but i like to make my own; 400 grams of ground meat(with shit loads of spices when cooking it), 3 large tomatoes, 1-1.5 large onions, reasonably big bits of garlic(and that put in early) and mashed garlic (thats put in just before eating), some tomato paste, pesto, lots of fresh basil and dried oregano, hint of ketchup, soy sauce and maybe some cheese spread, ofc served with whole grain spaghetti and emmental cheese(or parmesan)

never heard of vodka pasta sauce, but sounds good
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Well, I'm not a housewife.
    But my current favorite is RAO's sauce.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'