• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your dream house?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Studio apartment. Very open. Top floor of an old mill building/converted into apartments. Wood floors, unpolished but smooth.
Exposed brick interior. Exposed pipes, and support beams. Maybe a small loft area I'd build later, for either storage maybe, and to give Jack more to climb. I'd probably have a lot of random things on the walls for Jack to access support beams/run around above me when he wants to.
Tall windows, that swing open. Heavy drapes to block out the sun when desired. One of those at the foot of the big clawfooted bathtub, so I can look out at the city at night while I soak for awhile (without anyone actually being able to see anything), leaving the bathroom door open so I can hear my stereo nearby.
Murphy bed that comes out of the wall.
Heavy doors, skeleton key knobs. Old latches.
High ceilings, great acoustics. Old wood stove for warmth.
Roof access. And fire escapes, for when I feel like avoiding the neighbors when I leave for the day- or just want to feel like a creepy superhero.

Yeah, that's about all.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Watch the hobbit for a general lay out and exterior view.
Add some bohemian and japanese-inspired decor.
A large bathing room with a waterfall and rain shower and an in-ground tub big enough to soak in.
And surround it with functioning plants like edible wildflowers, fruit trees, and herbs.
With a green house offshoot.
A small mancave of my medieval weaponry.
A few almost steampunk inspired kitchen gadgets.
A light garden.
And I agree with the skeleton keys and old latches.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watch the hobbit for a general lay out and exterior view.
Add some bohemian and japanese-inspired decor.
A large bathing room with a waterfall and rain shower and an in-ground tub big enough to soak in.
And surround it with functioning plants like edible wildflowers, fruit trees, and herbs.
With a green house offshoot.
A small mancave of my medieval weaponry.
A few almost steampunk inspired kitchen gadgets.
A light garden.
And I agree with the skeleton keys and old latches.

I could never keep up a garden, but maybe you could tend a mini-one on my roof.. I'll pay you!
I'd want to grow food. Too bad an apple tree on a roof isn't viable. :thinking:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At this current moment, since people have been asking for a place to stay recently (I told them "Fuck no, chew off your own leg for once"), my dream house is one that no one can find, without an address and with no visible road. Christ, why can't people just leave me alone and take care of themselves? Motels exist, you know! Can't afford it? What makes you think I'd let you stay at my place for free if I were to let you stay at all?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
uhhh...
High Up. First floor appartments are creepy

I dont think im a 'house' kind of person. I like appartments, appartments are cool.
with a core theme (rather simple, whites etc.) and rooms with different themes.
Ya know, the sex den, the arabic cushion place, the social room (living room) etc. with different colors and vibes.
a balcony, there has to be a balcony, with two or three big confy chair and some foldable ones for company (cool foldable ones)
Open Bar kitchen (i that how you call it or am i being influenced by ahem, outings), American bar?

fridge with ice maker, air based dyson-type drier (because the traditional ones are shitty) in the bathroom, a shower place that actually closes (it can be the bathtube I mean but it has to close for realz, otherwise I always end up flooding the place ! Full Body Air Drier (can probably tweak the hand drier, have a small engine and have it go up and down on two sides in some corner ... (or in the shower directly but then I have to make sure its water proof)

Small (2 ppl max) Sauna just next to the bathroom (but not part of it).

All house electronics are of course monitored via my cellphone / computer (web interface is alright, platform-dedicated interface is best)

the internet is fast, delay makes me crazy

Lots of windows. I don't give a shit about privacy, I'm probably 300 feet above you.

Bed is large, but doesn't have to be 'ultra king size' as long as it's enough for 3 :newwink:. High Quality Mattress, doesn't have to be the ridiculously super expensive ones, just the one that make sense based on comfort, health and amount of time spent on it.

i don't have to ask who is there etc at the door, there's a video display inside the door at more or less head level ( can be a bit lower to adapt to hobbits) (Children I mean)

Next to water would be nice, (animals like water, sue me), but im not especially attracted to the sea (land creature don't like salty water, follow your instincts: say NO the the sea)

less than 10 mins away from activity / dense places (doesn't have to be ibiza, just not some shit hole away from civilization)

A pantry separate but adjuct to my bedroom (so I leave the bedroom clean at all times), if possible the clothes just roll out of the place or turn like a carousel.
energy efficient bulbs, because they make sense. Lights switches off if nobody's in the room ('d have to set that up in a non energy intensive way and allow for people not to move and not have the light switched off on them, passive infrared receptor maybe?, simple pressure pads under sofa cushions, but no that'd require wifi etc. probably. I can figure it out if/when required)

Alarm clock is connected to sound system and lighting and optimized based on sleep movement patterns and time of lights switch off. (I switch off the light only when I go to bed, it's a habit i want to keep)

surround speakers around the place with different channels for each room.

Workroom if needed, the workroom has to be silent, like, really silent, any sound or stimulation has to be my choice. I'm talking sound proof door etc.
The workroom features digital whiteboards (saving stuff up automatically, with a smartphone like 'flip through' interface, I can then select stuff and put them in separate folders through drag and drop and access it on my cellphone/computer), computer of course, treadmill with laptop / notes rack. Virtual office setup with wall projectors (led) or screens + sound on 2+ walls (can include the door which would be concealed)

AC is regularly maintained and kept clean

No TV is needed

Solar powered Electronics chargers in main rooms (usb etc. port directly on power socket, adapted to international power sockets, solar panel on balcony. Battery in the house that redistributes the current to main electronics with automatic switch to general AC when they run low)

Or maybe something connected to my computer, but like, actually TV with channels etc. Not interested.

There has to be a bean bag or really comfy chair, It can be suspended somewhere not to take space and drop down in a corner when needed.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I could never keep up a garden, but maybe you could tend a mini-one on my roof.. I'll pay you!
I'd want to grow food. Too bad an apple tree on a roof isn't viable. :thinking:

Well they said moon bases weren't possible and look at...
oh wait, you're not supposed to know that

*calmly starts screwing silencer on pp8 while making light conversation*

W

WhoCares

Living in the sub-tropics I'm giving serious consideration to an open wooden platform in the boughs of an enormous Moreton Bay Fig. Fuck utilities, walls or wiring. Fuck council regulations and neighbours having any idea that I actually exist. Otherwise I'd like to a stylish garden with an enormous overgrown arbour that I actually reside under like a hobo under a bridge. Thinking some wicker outdoor furniture placed artfully underneath. BBQ area for my secret kitchen and tuck a toilet and shower into the potting shed. I really think four walls are over-rated.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
High ceiling with high windows in the living room up stairs, made of wood. My guitar room would be underground, along with the kitchen and the bed room that are made of stone. All lights will have a dimmer and with recessed lighting. Color scheme would be winter upstairs, but autumn downstairs.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Something kinda like this, but smaller:

Yellow+House+-+Country+Living.jpg

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'd like a charming beach cottage in charleston a super modern house in the mountains of asheville and a cool lil row house in san francisco please :)

DaniaWania

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4 floors.
1 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom, minimalist cozy style.
All spaces small with good use of space.

I like dark/black wood and pale walls.. white drapes and throws and sheets.

1. Basement Garage + storage - rainwater catchment, energy reserve, other things like tools.

2. Ground Floor - Outdoor Living room + Kitchen on a large deck
- *Outdoor kitchen joins* indoor kitchenette with breakfast nook.
- Girl Cave: Office/Library/Movie-VidGames Room
- 2 piece powder room

3. 1st Floor - Small bedroom
- Large Dressing room/Closet room
- Large bathroom

4. 2nd Floor - Solar panels/Rooftop space/garden

small-bedroom.jpg

dressing-room-style.jpg

shower_redo_final_small.jpg

elegant-home-office-library-study-room.jpg

IMG_5197.JPG

rooftop-solar-panels.jpg

Attachments

• expanding-small-bedroom-design.jpg
    expanding-small-bedroom-design.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 140
  • Spacious-Dressing-Room-Designs_16.jpg
    Spacious-Dressing-Room-Designs_16.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 128
  • home-office-library-2--UDU2Ny0zNjM1LjYyMTQ4.jpg
    home-office-library-2--UDU2Ny0zNjM1LjYyMTQ4.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 134
  • FanDeck_KitchenAF.JPG
    FanDeck_KitchenAF.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 159

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Sometimes I think a hobbit hole would be great and sometimes I think a little farm out in the sticks, but that's probably not very realistic.

What I'd probably really do is buy something like this:

IS-4c0r031salwd.jpg

It's near downtown and a block or two from the public library. The neighborhood is shitty, so I'd buy the houses around it, which are probably broken up into crappy apartments, and tear them down. I'd have the house renovated within an inch of it's life. Then I'd put up one of those pretty metal white picket fences to keep in my professionally trained guard dog. I don't want my stuff getting lifted but I cannot stand to live around people that get hemorrhoids if my grass gets a little tall.

Edit: When I had the house renovated, I'd have some hidey-holes and secret passages put in in the top floor for my grandkids/nieces and nephews to "discover" and hide some old toys and books in there so they'd have plenty of time to get dusty.

There would be a big computer room. My bedroom would have a bathroom with a two-person tub attached. I'm not too picky otherwise.

G

Glycerine

It would be a combination between the styles of David Bromstad and the Novogratz: Bright colors, modern, clean lines, abstract, somewhat futuristic.