5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Yoda's Hut

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

Where is that on the interwebs?? I wanna see!
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011...an-calls-home/ Ta Da!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Made of stone--sturdiest and safest material of the common ones I know. The second-story balcony thing they have a lot around here has grown on me, I love that look. But I'm also generally a believer in not wasting space (which is why I like my studio apartment right now). And the inside would be rather common and homey. My "dream home" also would be on a nice, large plot of land in a quiet, out-of-the-way, place.

Can't find a good picture of what I'm talking about. Maybe I'll take a picture of that house a few streets over....
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Made of stone--sturdiest and safest material of the common ones I know. The second-story balcony thing they have a lot around here has grown on me, I love that look. But I'm also generally a believer in not wasting space (which is why I like my studio apartment right now). And the inside would be rather common and homey. My "dream home" also would be on a nice, large plot of land in a quiet, out-of-the-way, place.

Can't find a good picture of what I'm talking about. Maybe I'll take a picture of that house a few streets over....
    I pictured a tiny castle in a nice, Irish-y landscape.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

An old farmhouse somewhere in a secluded area. And a few acres of land with it so that I can garden and raise small animals.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've wanted a courtyard house every since I read up on roman architecture as a kid... and I'd want for it to be somewhere warm enough that I could leave all of the windows and doors into the courtyard open to let the outside indoors

no entryway into the courtyard except for through the house for extra privacy, one story and skylights, to let more sunshine in... I'd also like a pool for fish, water plants and a fountain (I like the sound of fountains) in the courtyard and some trees for shade... and windchimes

modern kitchen with an open design and I really want a convection stove and a full sized pantry and 2 bathrooms off of the master bedroom... I hate sharing

and last but not least, NO CARPETING... I've always suspected carpet of being unsanitary and have always loved tile
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I'd like to live in like... an old military bunker. Completely concrete, underground, and dark. However, certain rooms would be like a normal home, but you would have to know where to look. I like dark creepy places. Oh, and the entrance would be a trap door in the middle of a seemingly abandoned lot... or something like that.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've wanted a courtyard house every since I read up on roman architecture as a kid... and I'd want for it to be somewhere warm enough that I could leave all of the windows and doors into the courtyard open to let the outside indoors

no entryway into the courtyard except for through the house for extra privacy, one story and skylights, to let more sunshine in... I'd also like a pool for fish, water plants and a fountain (I like the sound of fountains) in the courtyard and some trees for shade... and windchimes

modern kitchen with an open design and I really want a convection stove and a full sized pantry and 2 bathrooms off of the master bedroom... I hate sharing

and last but not least, NO CARPETING... I've always suspected carpet of being unsanitary and have always loved tile
    Can you post a courtyard house picture similar to what you have in mind? google images is failing me right now, but I am fairly sure I know what you are talking about. I frequently think about how lovely it would be to have a balcony overlooking the beach to sit at daily though..

Carpet is inviting like nothing else.. but the maintenance is just not worth it at all. Rugs can be placed all over the place and achieve the same thing while being easy to beat out, wash, and dry. To wash my floor daily in the bathroom I need only a steam mop and a few minutes. My carpet? I need a vacuum, carpet freshener, vacuum again, and THEN steam-mop it with an attachment so it can glide on the carpet. That whole process for as tiny of a room as I have takes about 20 minutes start to finish of dedicated cleaning. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I'd like to live in like... an old military bunker. Completely concrete, underground, and dark. However, certain rooms would be like a normal home, but you would have to know where to look. I like dark creepy places. Oh, and the entrance would be a trap door in the middle of a seemingly abandoned lot... or something like that.
    When I was a teenager and into my young adult age, I thought my dream house for sure was the Addam's family home if it had a love child with the house they had in the movie Casper. I have a deep affection for places that make other people creeped out and uncomfortable. I'm still unsure of how to satisfy that urge in my current house plans except to go balls-deep in Halloween decor yearly.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Can you post a courtyard house picture similar to what you have in mind? google images is failing me right now, but I am fairly sure I know what you are talking about. I frequently think about how lovely it would be to have a balcony overlooking the beach to sit at daily though..

Carpet is inviting like nothing else.. but the maintenance is just not worth it at all. Rugs can be placed all over the place and achieve the same thing while being easy to beat out, wash, and dry. To wash my floor daily in the bathroom I need only a steam mop and a few minutes. My carpet? I need a vacuum, carpet freshener, vacuum again, and THEN steam-mop it with an attachment so it can glide on the carpet. That whole process for as tiny of a room as I have takes about 20 minutes start to finish of dedicated cleaning. Ridiculous.
    carpet is the bane of my existence as far as cleaning the house goes... I have a dog-like aversion to the sound of the vacuum cleaner

and a balcony would be nice, but I couldn't sit on it naked without strangers ogling

here's an example of a courtyard house layout, but that many bedrooms would be unnecessary!

Attached Images Attached Images
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Medium sized home, in the middle of green rolling hills (like in Connecticut).. with a 3 story art studio tree house.

My dream home would consist of a small photography studio, a painting studio, and digital media room.

I'd also have my little microgreens garden (hydroponics), and solar powered panels to run the aqua garden. I'd love a small library, and a cool kitchen stocked with a bunch of culinary supplies. A small fish pond isn't so bad.

I'd like a little cottage type decor with plush couches mixed with modern. I'd have lots of windows, and a room with a skylight to see the stars at night.

A miniature green house would be perfect too. Oh, and a bouncy house~ Speakers all around the house, with lotsa base!