• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your dream house?

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
JJSjzff.jpg

A hobbit house, ideally in Japan or New Zealand. Outside I'd want a garden full of hot peppers and herbs for teas, as well as a hot tub and a fence for the doggo. On the inside would be a cave with a big TV and speakers, a shelf full of board and video games, and some bean bag chairs. The bedroom would have a bed with a canopy and fairy lights over the bed and an aquarium in front of that, and the kitchen would have a chandelier as well as an espresso bar, freeze dryer, and a cotton candy machine.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Classic bungalow...

c6fe8aa7197d8625e3cbaea7a212eea3.jpg

Naturally with a full bath upstairs, 1/2 bath added to the lower level, bigger closets, take out that back bedroom and enlarge the kitchen/living room/add a laundry room.

Key West Conch house

12p1.jpg

With a pool of course, guest house, lots of wood floors, cool tiles, tons of different trees and foliage outside.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Honestly, anything that is mine. So sick of dealing with Landlords, crazy neighbors, and useless, rent-seeking HoA’s.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like the idea of a hobbit house, so long as it's on a hill away from any major water drainage. It would stay nice and cool in the hot months but also be easy to heat during winter months with the proper planning.

There's a town in Australia that's almost entirely underground, due to the scorching desert heat. I believe parts of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome were filmed there. I'd love to live in a place like that, except I'd never want to go above ground with that kind of heat.

I wouldn't mind a large hut somewhere in French Polynesia, provided I had adequate electricity and internet there.

If I were single, I'd want to expatriate to a place like Tokyo and get an apartment or condo there. I'd live like a bohemian musician and spend my nights roaming the brightly lit city in search of new people and adventures. Japanese cities seem like good places for night owls who don't mind crowds.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I were single, I'd want to expatriate to a place like Tokyo and get an apartment or condo there. I'd live like a bohemian musician and spend my nights roaming the brightly lit city in search of new people and adventures. Japanese cities seem like good places for night owls who don't mind crowds.

New York City seems kind of like that. A hell of a lot of places are open all night. I went there in college once and spent the whole night in a coffee shop.

Chicago suits me better, though.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
New York City seems kind of like that. A hell of a lot of places are open all night. I went there in college once and spent the whole night in a coffee shop.

Chicago suits me better, though.

I'd probably like those cities too, but the added weirdness factor from being a pilgrim in a strange land is extra appealing to me. I think I'd also like Berlin from what I know of it. I want to roam the streets there while blasting Bowie's album Heroes on my headphones.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
The Hall lay near the Carrock (a great stone hill with steps carved into it) east of the Great River of Wilderland, just west of Mirkwood.[1] Beorn's home was surrounded by oak trees and an inner thorny hedge with a high, broad wooden gate in the northern side. Within the hedge on the southern side were rows of straw bell-shaped bee-hives. A large garden covered much of the interior, along with several buildings (barns, stables, and sheds) and a path that led to Beorn's long low wooden house.

The house had a courtyard between two long wings. Facing the courtyard was a dark door that opened into a wide hall with a fireplace in the middle with an opening in the roof for the smoke to escape. There were many pillars on either side of the hall, and there was a long table close to the front door, in the middle with benches on either side. Along both sides of the walls were raised platforms where the tables and extra beds were stored. At the south end of the room there was a door that opened upon the veranda with wooden benches that overlooked the flowers of the garden.

sara-gilman-beornelevations-wmeasure.jpg

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've had dreams about this place...
I'd feel right at home.

10-3.jpg

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm shopping for an old farmhouse I can fix up at the moment- anything with a good roof, a basement that's big enough to stand up in, a heated garage and/or barn I can convert into a workshop. I'd like to strip most of the walls to expose the studs and convert at least some of them to bookshelves. I'd also like to install as many large openable doors and windows on the ground floor as possible to really open it up to the outdoors in the summer. Also a screened in porch.

rav3n

Something tiny, charming and forgetful. As it stands, our retirement home that's being built, is a substantial downsize from my current home. If for some godawful reason my marriage ends, I'd sell that too and live with a pack of dogs and cats in as small a place as possible, taking into consideration that big dogs need more space. Or maybe, not bother with pets and become completely free with no dependents, in a minute space.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Minimal clutter, full of love.

Light/neutral walls, colorful accents, adventurous styling.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I want two house. One in the mountains surrounded by forest. All black wood or steel and glass, wrap around decks with hot tub and sunken fire pit lounge on upper floor and then a central courtyard with koi pond, outdoor kitchen and dining on ground floor with all the main spaces around courtyard and then bedrooms up.

Then I just want a 3br beach villa in Tulum or someplace similar

I'm a simple girl :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I would like to have the time and resources to find an American Foursquare and restore it.

2-6.11.20.jpg