User Tag List

12 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Default my pomchi killed a cat that came into my yard

i have a Labrador and pomchi, sweet as can be. i walked into the yard to pick up some leaves and found a dead body of a recently killed cat and both my dogs staring at me, wagging their tails. both their bowls completely filled with food, warm dog house. the pomchi sleeps inside and eats well, and yet i see a dead cat at my feet..im a little shocked and sad. little ambivalent toward my babies, especially the pomchi. she seems to be the mastermind behind the deaths of ducks, crows, cats, rabbits, rats, squirrels...she is a killer

this is what she looks like

she knows how to open doors....

on a serious note, im a bit shocked that she can take a life with great ease and how very much alive and kicking that killer instinct is in her though she is extremely domesticated.....or so i thought.......................

anyway, i m sure someone is missing a cat and wishing for it to return home. trying to figure out, how to unveil this news...

suggestions??

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

I live on a farm with rescue dogs, and ultimately it's just something you get used to. Dogs, like small children, still have the potential to accidentally take lives and not fully understand the implications for their actions. In fact, we recently had one of our favorite cats killed when they caught her sleeping up under the porch (sometimes at night she'd run out the door when we let one of our older dogs to pee) and had her neck snapped when they rushed her.

It's not intentional, your dog isn't necessarily a bloodlusting monster. Animals are just animals, a strange creature came into the yard and your dog got a little overexcited about it. One time I had a lab that picked up a box turtle who would come for visits occasionally and was just walking around with it in her mouth like it was a tennis ball.

As far as how to get the news out, I'd put up posters with a description in the general neighborhood just saying that you know the whereabouts of a missing cat. Be very careful with the wording that way, you don't want to imply that you have the cat by saying "Found a lost cat".

Technically you found it, but that gets peoples' hopes up...

If it wasn't wearing a collar though, I wouldn't put too much effort into it. There's a ton of strays around that come from absolutely nowhere. It's not worth getting people worked up over that their missing cats are dead when it's nobody's cat to begin with, right?
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Lolwhoops.

Poor kitteh.

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    If it wasn't wearing a collar though, I wouldn't put too much effort into it. There's a ton of strays around that come from absolutely nowhere. It's not worth getting people worked up over that their missing cats are dead when it's nobody's cat to begin with, right?
    I pretty much think this, too. And honestly, with a poster you may be getting people's hopes up, like tkae. said, without good reason.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

That sucks. I'd probably avoid putting up a poster (false hope, possible harassment if you're open about the details) but would keep my eyes out for lost cat posters in the area.

Kind of a long shot but your local humane society might have some suggestions. They probably get those calls every so often.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFJ

Name her Curiosity.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Name her Curiosity.
    10+

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

she killed a duck.....today

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    she killed a duck.....today
    take it home and roast it!

gotta find the bright side of the situation SOMEWHERE!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Kind of a long shot but your local humane society might have some suggestions. They probably get those calls every so often.
    ^ This. Not just about the cat, but about the pomchi. If your dog can open doors and is out there killing large game for fun, you may want to figure out a way to keep her inside, or nip her new hobby in the bud.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

she is chained up for now