Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    I just had a real life friend nurse her 9 month old puppy through Parvo. She works as a nurse and has done 4H work with her daughter, so she felt comfortable treating her dog at home. She had to give lots of subcutaneous fluids and antibiotic injections. Parvo is a tough one to get through, though. It tends to be harder on the young pups.

My heart goes out to you. I hope your dog pulls through and that the vet you're using starts communicating better with you. Are you able to go and spend time with your dog while he's at the vet? Every vet I've gone to allows visits while your pet is hospitalized. It might also encourage your vet to communicate better, since they see you there. That, or find another vet who will communicate with you.
    My regular vet is situated within the notting hill carnival boundaries so had it's windows boarded up and was completely closed. There is an emergency service but would have taken a hellishly long time to reach because of having to go right around the carnival boundaries. Not to mention the difficulties of finding a vet on a bank holiday monday.

So i phoned around and took him to the rspca. It operates slightly differently from my vet (which is private), because it's a charity. The service is poor in comparisson and i still have to pay (and i do not begrudge it at all) but it's a brilliant service if you have no alternative in an emergency. Much like the NHS.

I have to wait until after lunch tomorrow to phone back and find out the latest news and to see if we can visit. They said he was in isolation and we would have to go in suited and booted if allowed.

Honestly though i will be phoning my vet tomorrow, if i don't get some communication flow, to ask their opinion and if necessary will see if i can get him transferred.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    They said he was in isolation and we would have to go in suited and booted if allowed.
    I can understand this if it's Parvo and they're afraid of it spreading to the general dog population. It's a nasty virus. But, also, seeing you might help keep your dog's spirits up. I know my cats did better when I visited them. I hope you're able to spend some time with him. If it's going to be a long hospitalization, I would ask if it's possible to bring something expendable from home to put in your dog's kennel/cage, like a blanket or a toy. I say expendable because it might have to be thrown out if he has something that's very contagious. But something familiar from home also helps to lift their spirits. Just a thought.

Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I am going to collect my boy now!

They are concerned he is not eating and want me to bring him home so he is comfy, if he dosn't eat at home i will need to take him back but they said he is a bit chirpier...being at home is the best thing... i have bought chicken and fish which i will give to him in drips and drabs to build him up to eating again.... *yays*!!!
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    I am going to collect my boy now!

They are concerned he is not eating and want me to bring him home so he is comfy, if he dosn't eat at home i will need to take him back but they said he is a bit chirpier...being at home is the best thing... i have bought chicken and fish which i will give to him in drips and drabs to build him up to eating again.... *yays*!!!
    Yessss

Pamper him up good, girl, with lots of cuddles, food and peace and quiet in between!

If need be, they can probably forcefeed him, but its better for both his physical and mental wellbeing that he feels comfortable enough to eat on his own
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Great news!
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

figsfiggyfigs

Fantasic!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

He is still pretty floored but a tad brighter today, by that i mean he managed to walk around a couple of times befor slumping out again. Still has sore tum but did eat a few morsels and managed to keep meds down.

So thats his chart done, i prescribe more snuggles. Gosh all the main males in my life right now are just crazy for the snuggles.

That must be my superhero power!!

oohhh yeah

Poor little doggy. Hope he feels heaps better soon.