• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lets get girly...Find out what your personal clothing style is!

rav3n

I'm style defiant, liking items in each but not put together in an eclectic fashion to jar. More mood and environment of the day or moment.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I couldnt take the quiz.. I got lost at the shoes part of it. :(

And there was a significant lack of cargo shorts and t-shirts..

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol, this has the makings of an awesome virtual slumber party :wubbie:

I should try. It's surprisingly hard to break routine on these sorts of things.

It is, but if you look at the article for 'wardrobe essentials' and click on the 'accessory essentials' list, you might just find some inspiration as to how to subtly add a touch of drama (using dramatic accessories) to your current style to get an entirely different effect.

...I tried to answer these and was doomed by question 2. I realized none of these things are applicable to me in the least, as I dress like a 12yr old little boy, in converse sneakers, skinny jeans and graphic tee shirts [some I've deconstructed/reconstructed, but still just tee shirts]. Only jewelry are piercings, & I never change the surgical steel captive bead rings. Seriously I own nothing else, aside from one black dress for obligatory marriage/death events.

I have failed this quiz. :yes:

LOL, well you sound like you perhaps could enjoy the Natural style, based on what youve written here, closely followed by the Classic Style...just a suggestion ;)

I'm style defiant, liking items in each but not put together in an eclectic fashion to jar. More mood and environment of the day or moment.

For you, Im going to suggest the Dramatic Style with a splash of Creative :alttongue:

I couldnt take the quiz.. I got lost at the shoes part of it. :(

And there was a significant lack of cargo shorts and t-shirts..

LOL. Ok, for you, my dear...*looks in crystal ball*

...Natural style, with a splash of Classic/Dramatic on special occasions

So, what color nail polish would you girls want on your toes? :happy2:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Romantic
Natural
Classic

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol, this has the makings of an awesome virtual slumber party :wubbie:

..I just imagine ending up like your ISTP victims covered in glitter & ribbons at the end of the night. :shocking:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
..I just imagine ending up like your ISTP victims covered in glitter & ribbons at the end of the night. :shocking:

Hey, YOU were a willing participant in those, girlie :D

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey, YOU were a willing participant in those, girlie :D

So few things bother them, how could I resist? :laugh:

(I'm infj- we're totally allowed to be huge hypocrites!)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So few things bother them, how could I resist? :laugh:

:devil: :D

Grayscale was an awesome sport in that, I'll give him that. I miss that guy so much *looks at her unused box of yellow ribbons and sighs*

rav3n

When it comes to style, this would be a sample outfit of my preference. It mixes classic, bold and retro.

basic-black-dress-front.jpg

images

ebay012709no154.jpg

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When it comes to style, this would be a sample outfit of my preference. It mixes classic, bold and retro.

basic-black-dress-front.jpg

images

ebay012709no154.jpg

Ohh...:drool:

Yeah, i think in this system that's Dramatic meets Classic with a splash of Romantic

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
LOL. Ok, for you, my dear...*looks in crystal ball*

...Natural style, with a splash of Classic/Dramatic on special occasions

So, what color nail polish would you girls want on your toes? :happy2:

Done and done! Nassatic it is!

:rofl1: Thursday, I went to the boys orphanage, even though there are girls there too lol, and one of the girls there asked me to help paint the nails of the little girls there. I said, sure why not, how hard can it be!

I think I did an okay job, but it was pretty hard @_@ I got more paint on my hands than I did any one girl's nails. One of the boys laughed and put his hand out like he wanted it painted, so I snatched him up and held him down and painted his thumb nail. :evilgenius: It turned into a big brawl and then I was shooed away by all the girls. :(

Oh well. :smile: Can't say I didn't try!

rav3n

Ohh...:drool:

Yeah, i think in this system that's Dramatic meets Classic with a splash of Romantic
Thanks. And yes, that's about it. Pulling together a little of this and that to project inherent personality. The black on black helps to tone down the dramatic but also enhances it, as far as attitude goes. :D

I like the classic aesthetic but I never actually manage to look that polished because my hair is very very unruly, and the messiness of my personality has an odd way of seeping through anyway. :cry:

I also love the dramatic look but I wouldn't be able to pull it off. The clothes would wear me rather than the other way round.

Romantic and natural are easiest for me to work with, but romantic is sometimes a little too cutesy for my taste and natural is too blah. I dunno.

EDIT: I hate accessorizing and having bits and bobs dangling and floating and jingling all around me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Done and done! Nassatic it is!

:rofl1: Thursday, I went to the boys orphanage, even though there are girls there too lol, and one of the girls there asked me to help paint the nails of the little girls there. I said, sure why not, how hard can it be!

I think I did an okay job, but it was pretty hard @_@ I got more paint on my hands than I did any one girl's nails. One of the boys laughed and put his hand out like he wanted it painted, so I snatched him up and held him down and painted his thumb nail. :evilgenius: It turned into a big brawl and then I was shooed away by all the girls. :(

Oh well. :smile: Can't say I didn't try!

Lol, that is too awesome, I can so see this happening :laugh:

Thanks. And yes, that's about it. Pulling together a little of this and that to project inherent personality. The black on black helps to tone down the dramatic but also enhances it, as far as attitude goes. :D

Nothing like black to create that understated 'wot' effect :wubbie:

I like the classic aesthetic but I never actually manage to look that polished because my hair is very very unruly, and the messiness of my personality has an odd way of seeping through anyway. :cry:

I also love the dramatic look but I wouldn't be able to pull it off. The clothes would wear me rather than the other way round.

Romantic and natural are easiest for me to work with, but romantic is sometimes a little too cutesy for my taste and natural is too blah. I dunno.

EDIT: I hate accessorizing and having bits and bobs dangling and floating and jingling all around me.

Senza, from your pics and personality, Id start off with a Romantic base and layer it with some classic elements. That way you can avoid the cutesy effect, dont have to over accessorise , but still can compliment your bootilicious curves and exploit them for all the femininity and class they exude :wubbie:

Add a dramatic necklace for extra 'Oomph' ;)

Use the Romantic/Natural combo for days when you just wanna lounge about and want a low-maintenance kind of look.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I also loved the article where she shows how to combine styles:

mixingfashionpersonas-classicbohoromantic.jpg

vs

mixingfashionpersonas-trueclassic.jpg

mixingfashionpersonas-classicboho.jpg

mixingfashionpersonas-classicdramatic.jpg

mixingfashionpersonas-classictrendy.jpg

mixingfashionpersonas-classicsporty.jpg

mixingfashionpersonas-classicromantic.jpg

Basically, you start out with the main/basic outfit in your primary style (for the site owner, this is Classic), and build on that with other styles

Here is the full article

F

figsfiggyfigs

I love dresses. Esp more vintage-y looking ones with shortshort sleeves.

Ignore people in these pics

hm-pastel-green~look-index-middle.jpg

canotier-crema-prada-sombreros.jpg

image1xl.jpg

ASOS-Short-Sleeve-Belted-Pencil-Dress-1.jpg

I also have a sadistic love for floral; probably because i'm such an old lady at heart.

floral-dress-katrina.jpg

A/b/f /oldlady
floral-dresses-from-dahlia.jpg

6_dress.jpg

I just went into the F21 site and looked at dresses I'd wear.

blanco-vestidos-fendi-bolsos.jpg

This is pretty much a good idea of what i like:

00030142-05.jpg
11439158-01.jpg

19572010-03.jpg
11190391-02.jpg

Depending on the weather/temp, and my mood. I could be wear any one of those. Not very consistent in styles since I like to change it up.

rav3n

The classic dramatic is too much in that mix pic, [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]. I'd ditch the brown belt, wear black pearl and diamond studs with no necklace or just a chain with a black pearl and diamond pendant and more casual shoes, like these lower open-toed Ferragamo slingbacks.

slavatore-ferragamo-peep-toe-slingback-pumps-profile.jpg

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The classic dramatic is too much in that mix pic, [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]. I'd ditch the brown belt, wear black pearl and diamond studs with no necklace or just a chain with a black pearl and diamond pendant and more casual shoes, like these lower open-toed Ferragamo slingbacks.

slavatore-ferragamo-peep-toe-slingback-pumps-profile.jpg

I agree, Im not too fond of the dramatic/classic pic either, though Im very much a fan of that style normally, as it is the perfect office look, usually. I especially don't like the necklace in that pic, and I too would prefer a black belt or no belt at all (black and brown..very few cases where that actually works *well*)

N

NPcomplete

I got confused on question #2 when it was asking me about accessories.

Edit: I imagined myself answering these questions like I am a figment of my own imagination and came up with creative and natural... which fits... But WHY SO MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT SHOES?!

also thealchemist can affirm just how much fun I am to pretend shop with when it's clothing.

I'd join a nudist colony if it wasn't for all of the nudity.

Edit #2: I am relieved that I am not the only for whom shoes and accessories make scared.

I vividly remember those times. Horror-filled they were! :laugh: