• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm so over summer

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
mosquitos, heat, that's about it. southern hemisphere you can have summer, i'm sick of it, i'm ready for fall. fuck you mosquitos

G

garbage

Fall is the only good season, and I'm definitely looking forward to it. The others are too damn hot, too damn cold, or migraine-inducing.

:solidarity:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Fall is the only good season, and I'm definitely looking forward to it. The others are too damn hot, too damn cold, or migraine-inducing.

:solidarity:

Fall could be all year long, I never tire of it.

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I probably have about 8 weeks tops before some serious cold moves in. Need to find some wood to burn fast, I usually find it too, just never a constant source. I heat my bedroom with a Coleman BlackCat catalytic camp heater that runs off 1 lb. mini-propane bottles. Last winter I started refilling my own mini-bottles with a refill adapter off a 20 lb. tank. I like wearing coats.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I probably have about 8 weeks tops before some serious cold moves in. Need to find some wood to burn fast, I usually find it too, just never a constant source. I heat my bedroom with a Coleman BlackCat catalytic camp heater that runs off 1 lb. mini-propane bottles. Last winter I started refilling my own mini-bottles with a refill adapter off a 20 lb. tank. I like wearing coats.
I've always wondered about those Coleman catalytic units. Sounds like a cool application of those catalysts. I'm assuming you keep a window open nearby or do you just chance it with the exhaust fumes? Do you burn firewood in a woodstove or fireplace?

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
September and October could be the weather all year 'round...... Then again if I were rich I could just have 2 houses, one in Texas for the winter and one in Oregon for the summer, and that'd probably be close to ideal :D

Alas I'm already starting to notice the slow & steady transition, dewpoints staying under 70F during the day and nightly temps in the 60's... Can't wait! If I ever kick this darned sinus infection it's gonna be bicycle & motorcycle weather for sure.

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
The instructions of my Coleman heater says to have a window or tent vent open but I haven't died yet from keeping my window closed. It has a high and low setting and I only use the low setting. My bedroom is 8.5' x 11.5' in length and width, my ceiling slopes from 7' to 6' gradually over the 11.5' distance. This will be my 3rd cold season using it. I also have a carbon monoxide detector on my bedroom wall, it's never beeped yet. I'm alright on the safety side.

I keep 2 carbon monoxide detectors and 2 smoke detectors in my living room where I have a wood burning heater. My wood burning heater is a closed unit, pretty safe, I sometimes use the "fireplace" term interchangeably even though there is a difference.

This is my "fireplace" >

MyFireplace.jpg
[/IMG]

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah nice, I love old woodstoves (although drool over the tech behind newer "EPA-certified" ones). I have a couple in my house, one I've disconnected & sealed the flue b/c the stove's got some warpage that leak fumes, but the one downstairs is awesome (a Jotul from 1984). Love it when the stove's burned for a few hours and the living room floor above is warm...

Yeah in theory the catalyst should nuke any of the CO. Combustion technology at its finest!

gromit

likes this
I really like summer. I want to get a beach trip and maybe a hike/camping trip while it's still roasty toasty.

gromit

likes this
The instructions of my Coleman heater says to have a window or tent vent open but I haven't died yet from keeping my window closed. It has a high and low setting and I only use the low setting. My bedroom is 8.5' x 11.5' in length and width, my ceiling slopes from 7' to 6' gradually over the 11.5' distance. This will be my 3rd cold season using it. I also have a carbon monoxide detector on my bedroom wall, it's never beeped yet. I'm alright on the safety side.

I keep 2 carbon monoxide detectors and 2 smoke detectors in my living room where I have a wood burning heater. My wood burning heater is a closed unit, pretty safe, I sometimes use the "fireplace" term interchangeably even though there is a difference.

This is my "fireplace" >

[/QUOTE]

That looks so cozy and nice.

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
It is. I love splitting wood and stacking it right outside my front door. I love the smell of chimney smoke when I'm outside and it's cold weather. I don't use an axe to split wood, I have one of these>

10%20ton%20log%20splitter%20b.jpg