User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

The instructions of my Coleman heater says to have a window or tent vent open but I haven't died yet from keeping my window closed. It has a high and low setting and I only use the low setting. My bedroom is 8.5' x 11.5' in length and width, my ceiling slopes from 7' to 6' gradually over the 11.5' distance. This will be my 3rd cold season using it. I also have a carbon monoxide detector on my bedroom wall, it's never beeped yet. I'm alright on the safety side.

I keep 2 carbon monoxide detectors and 2 smoke detectors in my living room where I have a wood burning heater. My wood burning heater is a closed unit, pretty safe, I sometimes use the "fireplace" term interchangeably even though there is a difference.

This is my "fireplace" >

[IMG][/IMG]

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Ah nice, I love old woodstoves (although drool over the tech behind newer "EPA-certified" ones). I have a couple in my house, one I've disconnected & sealed the flue b/c the stove's got some warpage that leak fumes, but the one downstairs is awesome (a Jotul from 1984). Love it when the stove's burned for a few hours and the living room floor above is warm...

Yeah in theory the catalyst should nuke any of the CO. Combustion technology at its finest!
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

I really like summer. I want to get a beach trip and maybe a hike/camping trip while it's still roasty toasty.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolfen View Post
    The instructions of my Coleman heater says to have a window or tent vent open but I haven't died yet from keeping my window closed. It has a high and low setting and I only use the low setting. My bedroom is 8.5' x 11.5' in length and width, my ceiling slopes from 7' to 6' gradually over the 11.5' distance. This will be my 3rd cold season using it. I also have a carbon monoxide detector on my bedroom wall, it's never beeped yet. I'm alright on the safety side.

I keep 2 carbon monoxide detectors and 2 smoke detectors in my living room where I have a wood burning heater. My wood burning heater is a closed unit, pretty safe, I sometimes use the "fireplace" term interchangeably even though there is a difference.

This is my "fireplace" >

[IMG]
    That looks so cozy and nice.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

It is. I love splitting wood and stacking it right outside my front door. I love the smell of chimney smoke when I'm outside and it's cold weather. I don't use an axe to split wood, I have one of these>