User Tag List

12311 Last

garbage

Default TypoC members' projects! Wow!

I know that you've all been creative once in a while. You've painted stuff. You've built cabinets. You've written books. You've guitarred your way into some Hall of Fame.

You've slaved away at your projects. So let's see 'em!

Here's the thing that I'm going to post about:

LITTLE SQUARE THINGS

It's a puzzle game, similar to Sokoban and Chip's Challenge. It even has requisite Windows 98-era graphics!

Attachment 4535

The object of the game is to move your squares ("Square Things") to special sensors ("Sensors") while avoiding a bunch of nasty traps. The first few levels are simple tutorial-like levels to allow you to get a feel for the game, but the rest of the 130 levels get more and more brutal.

The main gimmick is that you control multiple Square Things at once, which often means that you have to multitask, look everywhere, and think ahead.

There are also special minigames! And a level editor!

Download the thing here! And screenshots here! And visit the website here!

The game is coded in C++ and makes heavy use of the SDL graphics and input libraries. It's basically feature creep incarnate, starting as a simple ASCII graphics console game with only a few levels, and spiraling into a mass of complex (and somehow stable) spaghetti code with various minigames, lots of different puzzle pieces, and over a hundred levels. Aside from external testing and some sound effects that were found on various creative commons-like websites, the effort's all mine.

Overall, it was about four years of off-and-on effort before I decided to stick a fork in the thing. I still toy around with the idea of making level packs for it, and I never did get around to publicizing it or porting it to Linux or Mac (though it sometimes works under Wine).

My current computer game project has a mostly Super Mario Bros. 2/3 feel to it. The combined dynamic of powerups and picking-up-and-throwing-stuff lends to some creative combinations of tools and the powerups that let you manipulate them. I have no idea if or when that one will get done, but it's a team effort.. which is easier overall.

So, what sort of cool stuff has come out of Typology Central members?
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 03-19-2014 at 02:36 PM. Reason: MERGED

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I guess it wouldn't hurt to let out a few of my projects... I'll be back in this thread later to post some.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Ditto!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

My project in the making: My comic book script.

Projects I should post pictures of: My house renovations, that time I made a working carousel entirely out of cardboard.. uh..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

i finally got my website done. its the only link in my signature.
    I N V I C T U S

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Hmm, stuff that came from me?

Well, one of my internet alias' is all over Russian websites now, And I don't even know Russian! I've been pretty big on making fanmade bugfixes for the game Arcanum. Since, someone else has taken over the job and finalize what I had started though and I've nothing to do with it anymore.

That's about the only thing I started that really got out though. How INTP of me.

Most of my achievements on the net have been personal achievements and not community achievements. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm doing lots of things at the same time right now. I'm writing two stories, I'm working on a theatre project and I'm planning a movieproject that I'm going to put on YouTube. I just had a week off, but I didn't work on those projects. Well, one night I got bored and I made a painting. It's not really what you call a project, but I'll show it anyway:

I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I would put some of my avatar clothing work here but then I would just have to explain that I didn't design the avatars.. or the world... or... oh never mind.

MBTI
    INFP

I collect music.

http://disregard.tumblr.com

(and program in HTML)

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    that time I made a working carousel entirely out of cardboard.. uh..
    You're gonna have to spill it on this one. What was this for? Did you paint all of the seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    i finally got my website done. its the only link in my signature.
    This looks pretty nice! It 404ed a few days ago but it appears that that's fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    (and program in HTML)
    I'm into HTML/web design as well, but many of my graphical designs are way too simple. I'd love to learn to DRAW or STYLE or ART in some of my designs!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Well, one of my internet alias' is all over Russian websites now, And I don't even know Russian! I've been pretty big on making fanmade bugfixes for the game Arcanum. Since, someone else has taken over the job and finalize what I had started though and I've nothing to do with it anymore.
    Game programmin', even Russians appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    I'm doing lots of things at the same time right now. I'm writing two stories, I'm working on a theatre project and I'm planning a movieproject that I'm going to put on YouTube. I just had a week off, but I didn't work on those projects. Well, one night I got bored and I made a painting. It's not really what you call a project, but I'll show it anyway:

I like the painting! It gives off a vibe of being done with highlighters. Let us know when your other stuff is on YouTube!

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I would put some of my avatar clothing work here but then I would just have to explain that I didn't design the avatars.. or the world... or... oh never mind.
    I'm not sure what this means.. like, clothes for video game avatars? Basically, what do you mean by "avatar" at all?