User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

it was for my sister's birthday. I built it for 8 months in my room. When you cranked the handle, the whole contraption moved in a huge circle, and the individual horses and such moved up and down as well.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am trieing to build a cnc mill. Initially I wanted to built a turf cutting robot and already got a prototype board soldered. But then I met the very intresting thing to formulate a mathematical equation for a control of an electric engine to mill something exact to the nanometer. The thing is, when you cut the power to the engine it still keeps turning a bit until it rests and therefore you'll mill your piece of steel further than you want. So you need to control engineer it to the exact point you want it to stop.

At the rate I am going off on various intresting things I am never gonna finish a thing, here tho are some pictures of a cnc mill:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1005128
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I would rather not show any of my writing, since it's in various stages of incompletion and I want to publish it first. Instead I'll show you these gorgeous drawings I made with the help of some pixel programs:

The first one I call "Ralph," the second one I call "Portrait of a Young Conservative," and the last one I call "Thing-that-wasn't-supposed-to-resemble-a-you-know-what."
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ok, so I'm not creative enough to design/invent my own yet, but I can follow instructions

4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Here are my two most recent attempts at being a handyman.

My approach is as follows:

(1) I usually get into project mode when I want something that is overpriced in the common market (especially due to how flimsy most stuff is nowadays), not up to my eccentric design specs, and because I like things to be snazzy, and not dull and boring, I'm an SP damn it.

(2) I do not have an extensive set of tools at my disposal. So, I buy precursors that are as close to my desired specs as possible. For instance pinewood panels used to remodel my kids' closets, instead of plywood cut to fit. The panels have rigid corners and are not warped, thus allowing for a much nicer finished product in half the time.

(3) The only tools I use are a power drill, a palm sander, a scrolling orbital jig saw. Other than that it's a hammer, screwdrivers, level, wrenches, ratchet, hand saw, etc., simple stuff.

Here's my kids' closets:

Here's a music production desk I made for my digital audio workstation (DAW).

I bought a desk with an L-shaped design, a scrap piece of red oak at a hardware store for $8, some stain, some silver spray paint, and a big ass pine board for the vertical racks to lift the oak off the top of the pre-fab. desk.

I then reinforced the bottom of the pre-fab. desk. with some spare 1x2's I had laying around as the equipment is heavy.

The finished product, a fully functional workstation to mix some mad music.

Cheers!

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFP

Did you use water-based and oil-based Minwax?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i take pictures

<link deleted>
    Last edited by Bellflower; 09-27-2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: to prevent Google from picking up the links as per user request
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Did you use water-based and oil-based Minwax?
    No, I did not. The "Polyshades" stain has polyeurethane in it, and claims to be sufficient as a stain and protective varnish. BUT - I've used it before and it does not leave a tough enough or glossy enough finish for my purposes. I need stuff to be able to hand existing in an active environment. I'm frequently messing with cables and moving stuff here and there to accomodate whatever it is I am doing, so I added a top coat of clear polyeurethane once the "Polyshades" was apllied a few times and dried. The color came out almost identical to the pre-fab. desktop panels, so I'm happy with the results, and it didn't cost me much to set it all up.

Here's an idea of what a RTB production looks like. This is a middle of the road model. It is expensive, made out of pressboard, and really uncomfortable for someone of my height as it has a stupid panel on the floor of the desk, which I am assuming is to provide additional structural support to the hulking mass of particle board that makes the bulk of the rest of the desk:

$200 for this?

Also, keep in mind that this model is only one desktop, with one elevated shelf. Mine has two desktops, and two shelves, one that came with it for lighter equipment, and then the hulking monster that I built atop of it to support the mass of the speakers on either end, and to provide a framework to place the rack equipment in.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I also write screenplays, hopefully they can be used one day. This is one scene that I'm not sure of if I'll ever use it. I wrote this at school, after my class mates started acting like idiots when someone didn't do his homework properly. When I just finished it, I showed it to a girl who wanted to read it. She didn't get it. The only thing she asked was "Why did Mees have this big handwriting?" Aaaaargh. I'll keep this for a while, who knows I'll ever make up a good story in which I can use it.

Teacher Chris is checking if his pupils (16-17 year olds) made their homework properly. Whenever someone made it well, Chris puts a sticker on their head, which makes the pupil happy.
    Chris: Well done, Coco. Here is your sticker! (Coco smiles. Chris goes to the next table.) So, Stijn, let's see if you've done your homework right. (Checks Stijn's homework.) O my, Stijn, why haven't you done excercise 6b?
    Stijn: I didn't understand it, sir.
    Chris: You didn't understand it? Children, please tell Stijn what a person who hasn't done excercise 6b is.
    Class: (singing: ) Homo, homo, Stijn is a homo!
    Chris: Well done, class! Stijn, you don't get a sticker today!
    Lieke: Sir, Mees's handwriting is too big!
    Chris: Oh, is it? Let's take a look! (checks Mees's homework) Good heavens! Your handwriting IS too big!
    Class: Betrayer! (class starts throwing shoes at Mees)
    Chris: (after the shoe throwing stops) Vivienne, your shoes. (Vivienne sighs, takes off her shoes and throws them at Mees) Well done, class! Lieke, you are getting two stickers today! Which ones do you want?
    Lieke: I want Pluto!
    Chris: Two times? Are you sure you don't want Piglet?
    Lieke: I said I want Pluto!
    Chris: Here you are! One on your forehead ans one on your nose.
    Lieke: Yay!
    Chris puts tthe stickers on Lieke's forehead and nose. He continues checking homework. Then he sees Erik-Jan's work. It shocks him.
    Chris: Erik-Jan?
    Erik-Jan: Yes, sir?
    Chris: Why didn't you do your homework?
    Erik-Jan: My sister just gave birth yesterday. She got a son, Luc. I paid them a visit, helped them around.
    Chris: So you think that becoming an uncle is a good reason to forget about your homework?
    Erik-Jan: I didn't even think about it, to be honest.
    Chris: Class, what do you think of this behaviour?
    The class freaks out and beats up Erik-Jan. Then they lift Erik-Jan up and climb up the roof of the school. Chris follows them.
    Chris: As you see, your classmates do not like the fact that you didn't do your homework yesterday. It's a selfish and foolish act and you shall not remain unpunished! Children, drop him.
    Erik-Jan gets thrown off the roof. Chris and the pupils go back inside. Only Vivienne looks down quickly to see if Erik-Jan is okay. When she sees him lying on the ground she gets terrified, but then she follows her classmates back inside, afraid to get punished too.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETQHs-P_xE4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETQHs-P_xE4[/YOUTUBE]

we were like, 17 then!
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com