• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite Sandwich Restaurant

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will say, though, that I have yet to find a really really ridiculously good tasting Mexican place.

i know...the best i can find here is on the border.

other places don't even know what sour cream enchiladas are! i mean wth

but really i miss all the delicious tacos...tacos with pineapple...and squash or the chicken, cilantro corn tortillas... i'm hungry now

also...bbq with coleslaw on it?? whaat?? nc does bbq weird i think. i prefer tx bbq

i will say tho...never had chicken n dumplings before moving here. that's pretty great.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Dirty Martins in Austin Tx.

5669845561_52ff113890_o.jpg

4585018552_da7a54fb82_z.jpg

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh hell. If burgers count (for some reason I feel like they are in a separate category from sandwiches, although they're totally not) then I have LOTS OF FAVORITES. I have a complicated lifelong love affair with burgers.

Favorite: OnlyBurger, a Durham food truck. The breakfast burger (I've never eaten it for breakfast) is a burger with pimento cheese, a fried green tomato slice, and a fried egg. On a buttered and toasted bun of course.

only-burger.jpg

Edit: I think that photo was taken in their brick&mortar restaurant. The truck got 2nd place in the Food Network Great Food Truck Race and started getting a lot of attention so I guess they were able to open a store, too.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i may have to actually go get a hamburger now at almost 1 am

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
every place has a cheescake factory don't they?

Hah, yes... I didn't mean it was a unique experience, just that's literally all I did in Charlotte was eat at cheesecake factory. I think I was passing through with my family. It was when I was a bit younger.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Whiteway Delicatessen on King st in Jax does the best pita sandwich I've ever had:

6064405.JPG

whiteway-deli-jacksonville-late-bloomer.jpg

whitewayDSC_7771.jpg

The owner was my tee ball coach, I went to elementary school with his son.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hah, yes... I didn't mean it was a unique experience, just that's literally all I did in Charlotte was eat at cheesecake factory. I think I was passing through with my family. It was when I was a bit younger.

oh i see. it has some interesting parts...totally need to explore more tho.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Elmo's Diner (two locations, Durham and Carrboro) has a sandwich called the Trifecta which is amazing. A grilled triple-decker with home-baked turkey, roast beef, swiss, cheddar and provolone cheeses, cole slaw and 1000 Island dressing, served on rye bread (three slices):

Elmo%27s%203.jpg

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Good stuff eatery in DC makes a pretty good burger.

Spike from top chef opened the place. My friends wife loves that place and we spotted him. I like it better than five guys or potbelly aka "the cheapest sammich shop ever".

Really the best burger joints Ive been to are chains in East Asia. Grease is not appreciated in East Asia so everything tastes fresh and light. LIKE IN N' OUT! C'mon [MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION], rep your hood!

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, if we're going to go burgers, I nominate the Blue Dog Beer Tavern (which luckily for me is about two blocks from my house.) The Chi Chi burger has beef, cheese, bacon, a hash brown patty and a fried egg on a maple syrup brushed toasted bun. Oh my yes.

5463203969_2568374c08_z.jpg

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
FMW:
[youtube=msQPHxTUgzI]WANT[/youtube]

MBTI Type
INTJ
LIKE IN N' OUT! C'mon [MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION], rep your hood!

I would, except that In N Out is the single most overhyped regional specialty I've ever tasted. I mean, it's fine. It's a good burger. But I don't know why people walk a block out of their way.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The Federalburger at The Federal in Durham (Durham has some really damn good food):

thumb_600.jpg

featuring Gruyere cheese and my favorite fries anywhere. Their pork nachos are also TDF.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Best burgers I've ever had....

No. 1 The burger at Orsay in Jacksonville:

235742_l.jpg

burger2.jpg

No.2 Ray's Hell burger D.C.

RAYS-HELL-BURGERS5.jpg

better-burger.jpg