• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite Sandwich Restaurant

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Was gonna blog this, but thought What the Hell. :smile:

I love a good sandwich. My default is the Subway (footlong :blush: ) veggie on white or Italian with everything but jalapenos (I love jalapenos, but not on my sandwiches), provolone and cheddar, mayo, mustard, and lots of oil and vinegar. I mean dripping with it is best. :drool:

Tonight (at work :sleeping:) I was reminiscing about this sandwich from my hometown of Clear Lake, Texas. My sister discovered it, and we ate there a LOT. It's called Schlotzsky's and they invented this sandwich. It's a large round homemade focaccia bread loaded with meat and veggies, heated, and dripping with Italian-type dressing. My mouth is seriously watering thinking about it. Focaccia bread makes a superior sandwich because it holds up longer and doesn't get soggy like regular dough :laugh: Here is a pic of it:

l.jpg

What is your favorite sandwich shop?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Tiny Israeli pressed sammich shop lower inManhattan. Like a panini but with regular. Read so the sammich is paper thin and crispy chewy.

Also, I like gua bao, aka Taiwanese hamburgers.

Not big on trqd sammiches but when I want one usually fresh whole grain bread and lots of fresh veggies and avocado.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
California Sandwiches, especially the veal cutlet with jalapenos.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Staggering Ox in Missoula Montana
Paseo in Seattle
Joe's Gourmet on Greenwich street, NYC

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
potbellies, oh i how i misss them. I was actually craving schlotsky's the other day

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chain shop: Potbelly. Italian with everything (esp. hot peppers!) but oil because it is greasy enough after run thru the oven.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Chain shop: Potbelly. Italian with everything (esp. hot peppers!) but oil because it is greasy enough after run thru the oven.

i get the wreck with everything, and a sugar cookie and a chocolate strawberry milkshake (I've been high 90% of the time i ordered from them thats why i get so much food)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i get the wreck with everything, and a sugar cookie and a chocolate strawberry milkshake (I've been high 90% of the time i ordered from them thats why i get so much food)

The wreck is my second favorite. I have to lay off the cookies and milkshakes most of the time or I'll go into a diabetic coma.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've got a local place that I go to. I usually get the Beef & Brie sandwitch or a Reuben, which are awesome. They also get points because they have $2 happy hour Guinness pints, and $2 Margaritas on Friday.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Brothers Deli in the Minneapolis Skyway. They make a real good pastrami and corned beef on rye sandwich and potato salad.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love Schlotsky's and eat at Subway often, but my favorite is Sweet Butter in Sherman Oaks. They serve soups, salads, and omelets/breakfast too.

Besides their more expensive fancy stuff, they even make Nutella and strawberry jelly grilled on pain de mie.

I've also had the grilled turkey and fig jam with bleu cheese, and their awesome Italian tuna.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Schlotzky's is great but we don't have one nearby here. We do have a Subway and I like it okay but I'd really rather go to Quizno's or Jason's Deli in the next town.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Gary's Deli on PCH in corona del mar. Yummy corned beef sammies and banana shakes to die for.

MBTI Type
INTJ
my favorite is Sweet Butter in Sherman Oaks. They serve soups, salads, and omelets/breakfast too.

Besides their more expensive fancy stuff, they even make Nutella and strawberry jelly grilled on pain de mie.

I've also had the grilled turkey and fig jam with bleu cheese, and their awesome Italian tuna.

I've been meaning to try this place. It always looks busy.

My favorites are The White House in Atlantic City, NJ and Carmen's Deli in Bellmawr, NJ. Best hoagies I've ever had. New Jersey does it right.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've been meaning to try this place. It always looks busy.

My favorites are The White House in Atlantic City, NJ and Carmen's Deli in Bellmawr, NJ. Best hoagies I've ever had. New Jersey does it right.

It's worth it. Their iced tea is fantastic as well (fresh brewed), they have a coffee bar, and bakery with fresh delights. I'm a huge fan of that place. And if I ate there every day, I'd probably be huge. :D

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Subway , and the only thing I get there is the tuna fish on wheat bread. In GA there's a good sub sandwich shop called Baldino's and they have a great hot roast beef sub.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1.jpg

Not a mainstream franchise.
/hipster

Ivy