• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Plus-sized women's clothing lines that Don't Suck??

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My mother is going to change sizes frequently.. she's on and off medication that messes with her thyroid, and her weight changes a lot as a result. We're trying to put together a more minimalist wardrobe for her. She has a ton of clothes she can sometimes fit into, and other times can't.

I was thinking Linen and drawstrings are a natural choice because of the flowy nature and more customized sizes to adjust, but I can't seem to find a happy medium between plus-sized clothing and neutral, decent tones. I want a few high quality pieces for her to wear over and over again instead of a closet full of crap. :unsure:

But I can't seem to find any lines with a happy medium. I was ALMOST excited about Flax, but they hardly have anything in 'generous' sizing. Torrid is a bit too hipster for someone in their mid-50s, and I am NOT sticking her in grandma clothes.

She's always either comfortable, or looking good--never both. Anyone think of any decent clothing lines that would suit for this sort of situation? I'm not a fashion-guru so I'm not sure where to even start..

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
Roamans.com is a plus-sized website that has an affordable mix of old lady stuff & trendy stuff. There is also a growing trend in retail for a sub category called "juniors plus" which is also trendier stuff for larger ladies. Perhaps putting that into a search engine could link you to some stores or websites!For awhile after I popped out my second kid, I had to find some cute plus sized stuff to wear. I hope this helps.