User Tag List

Thread: Plus-sized women's clothing lines that Don't Suck??

Default Plus-sized women's clothing lines that Don't Suck??

My mother is going to change sizes frequently.. she's on and off medication that messes with her thyroid, and her weight changes a lot as a result. We're trying to put together a more minimalist wardrobe for her. She has a ton of clothes she can sometimes fit into, and other times can't.

I was thinking Linen and drawstrings are a natural choice because of the flowy nature and more customized sizes to adjust, but I can't seem to find a happy medium between plus-sized clothing and neutral, decent tones. I want a few high quality pieces for her to wear over and over again instead of a closet full of crap.

But I can't seem to find any lines with a happy medium. I was ALMOST excited about Flax, but they hardly have anything in 'generous' sizing. Torrid is a bit too hipster for someone in their mid-50s, and I am NOT sticking her in grandma clothes.

She's always either comfortable, or looking good--never both. Anyone think of any decent clothing lines that would suit for this sort of situation? I'm not a fashion-guru so I'm not sure where to even start..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Senior Member Array Lookin4theBestNU's Avatar

Default is a plus-sized website that has an affordable mix of old lady stuff & trendy stuff. There is also a growing trend in retail for a sub category called "juniors plus" which is also trendier stuff for larger ladies. Perhaps putting that into a search engine could link you to some stores or websites!For awhile after I popped out my second kid, I had to find some cute plus sized stuff to wear. I hope this helps.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**