• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

whatcha eating?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A slice of chocolate cake.
Don't judge me, I'm going through something really hard!

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Traditional easter smoked ham.

sunka-u-kruhu.jpg

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Applesauce Spice Cake from America's Test Kitchen. This is a slow cooker recipe; I was afraid the condensation from the lid would drop onto the cake, but I only saw a single drop. I substituted maple sugar (much less sweeter) for regular sugar. It's not anything special, but it is a nice snack that I would make again. The dough was quite dense, but it fluffed up nicely.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I ate a salad for lunch and it was disgusting. I bought it from Wendy's yesterday so I wouldn't have to go out for it today. It did not reheat well.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Applesauce Spice Cake from America's Test Kitchen. This is a slow cooker recipe; I was afraid the condensation from the lid would drop onto the cake, but I only saw a single drop. I substituted maple sugar (much less sweeter) for regular sugar. It's not anything special, but it is a nice snack that I would make again. The dough was quite dense, but it fluffed up nicely.

Bleh. Applesauce is for pork chops and old people. I also put it in my chocolate chip cookie recipe just like Carol from the Walking Dead, but you can't taste it. If you want a good chocolate chip cookie recipe, btw, I can help. That's, like, a real dessert. It's not low fat or low sugar. It is decreased fat from the original recipe, but that's just because cutting down on the butter improved the texture.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The good people who complained that I neglect cauliflower in favor of broccoli will be inexplicably delighted and enthused to know that I ate cauliflower yesterday--oiled and seasoned and salted, just to the right amount.

[MENTION=27952]Merced[/MENTION] [MENTION=33707]Population: 1[/MENTION] [MENTION=4660]Julius_Van_Der_Beak[/MENTION]

:nice:

Have you had Green Giant's Tuscan Seasoned broccoli? It's in the frozen food section.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Grand Admiral Crunch said:
Bleh. Applesauce is for pork chops and old people. I also put it in my chocolate chip cookie recipe just like Carol from the Walking Dead, but you can't taste it. If you want a good chocolate chip cookie recipe, btw, I can help. That's, like, a real dessert. It's not low fat or low sugar. It is decreased fat from the original recipe, but that's just because cutting down on the butter improved the texture.

You're right about the applesauce. I'm gonna substitute real apples for the sauce next time. I also have a decadent choco chip cookie recipe that I've never used because of the sugar content.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're right about the applesauce. I'm gonna substitute real apples for the sauce next time. I also have a decadent choco chip cookie recipe that I've never used because of the sugar content.

I'm glad you agree. An Apple Spice Cake sounds much better. I hope it works out for ya.

I'd bake the cookies and give them to co-workers. Btw, my cookie recipe makes soft cookies, if that's what you like.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I had two Reese's Peanut butter eggs, small ones, smashed between Ritz crackers. We have too much Easter candy left.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

You know, Tellenbach, this isn't what crock-pots are for. Ovens and pans are for baking cakes. That's why everyone uses them. They're also easier to clean than a crock pot. You can just ask anyone on the street whether cakes are cooked in crock pots, or pans in the oven, and they'll tell you the latter. It's common sense. So i know those people at America's Test Kitchen knew better. I say you got punked.

So here's what you gotta do with your cake batter. Put it in an oven.

What you might like to try is topping your spice cake with blue cheese crumbles, spiced-candied pecans, and honey. The warm flavors of spice cake should be a good compliment to the brighter flavors of blue cheese. Should be. I don't know, but you can tell me if you ever find out. Inquiring minds want to know.

Metis

Dude, I'm having that feeling that although I've already eaten enough food, I'm still unaccountably hungry. Maybe it means that I'm eating my own stomach.

But then I shouldn't feel hungry.

It's a confusing feeling.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dude, I'm having that feeling that although I've already eaten enough food, I'm still unaccountably hungry. Maybe it means that I'm eating my own stomach.

But then I shouldn't feel hungry.

It's a confusing feeling.

Well, at least you aren't in pain from hunger.... that inexplicably happened to me a few days ago. The weird thing was that I had eaten not that long before. Granted, it wasn't a lot of food, but I don't think it should have felt like that.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Browsing the forum now with a bag of gummie bears by my side :D

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Grand Admiral Crunch said:
You know, Tellenbach, this isn't what crock-pots are for. Ovens and pans are for baking cakes. That's why everyone uses them. They're also easier to clean than a crock pot. You can just ask anyone on the street whether cakes are cooked in crock pots, or pans in the oven, and they'll tell you the latter. It's common sense. So i know those people at America's Test Kitchen knew better. I say you got punked.

I know it's weird but it makes the cakes really moist and light. I also made their chocolate snack cake (twice) in the crock-pot and it came out delicious the 2nd time. I had to replace the unsweetened chocolate chips with milk chocolate and I added a tablespoon of nutella for good measure.

Edit: You must've thought I poured the batter directly into the crock; nope, I used a 6-inch springform cake pan and a waterbath. I put an inverted 1 inch tall saucer/pan in the crock and then put the cake pan on top. It took an hour and 10 minutes to bake.