• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

whatcha eating?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I once devoured a marble,
Indeed I ate it whole,
but not of glass, was this bauble,
Alas it was my soul.

The Cat

Staff member
Vt4EG.png

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I drank a bottle of kombucha tea for the very first time in my life today.
It tasted like fruits that's been.. well.. fermented.. in vinegar.

Was a weird but overall nice-ish experience. I have to get some probiotics into my gut since I just finished up a round of antibiotics.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I drank a bottle of kombucha tea for the very first time in my life today.
It tasted like fruits that's been.. well.. fermented.. in vinegar.

Was a weird but overall nice-ish experience. I have to get some probiotics into my gut since I just finished up a round of antibiotics.

Gah, I can’t stomach that stuff. :sick:
You’re a brave soul.

Another (dare I say more palatable) source of probiotics is kefir.
I’m a big fan of these smoothies:
All Products - Lifeway Kefir

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gah, I can’t stomach that stuff. :sick:
You’re a brave soul.

Another (dare I say more palatable) source of probiotics is kefir.
I’m a big fan of these smoothies:
All Products - Lifeway Kefir

Never had kefir either, actually! :laugh:
Tell me, what does it taste like? I'm guessing it's just like kombucha in terms of sourness?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tell me, what does it taste like? I'm guessing it's just like kombucha in terms of sourness?

Depends on the flavor. I get the blueberry kind. It’s like very tart yogurt. The kombucha I’ve had is vile with that burning vinegaryness. Lot more overpowering. Blegh.

Grocery stores usually have the large Lifeway kefir bottles, & I’ve noticed single serving bottles at CVS, if you’re interested in trying them. Raspberry is decent, too.

The Cat

Staff member
Like all good things pretending to be human. I consume myself from within...

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Depends on the flavor. I get the blueberry kind. It’s like very tart yogurt. The kombucha I’ve had is vile with that burning vinegaryness. Lot more overpowering. Blegh.

Grocery stores usually have the large Lifeway kefir bottles, & I’ve noticed single serving bottles at CVS, if you’re interested in trying them. Raspberry is decent, too.

I find kefir to be far more overpowering in its disgustingness.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find kefir to be far more overpowering in its disgustingness.

Yeah, it took me awhile to warm, up to. Yogurt in general, actually. Really sour dairy is def an acquired taste. I think I prefer kefir because it seems like there’s more I can do to it to improve or conceal the flavor (sweeten a bit with stevia or mix into a fruit smoothie with a little honey) as opposed to kombucha.

I only had kombucha once, though. Maybe there are some better made ones out there. It was supposed to be some ginger lemon flavored one, and I was just totally blindsided by the strong vinegar taste, as it didn’t seem to smell like vinegar before sipping. That ‘surprise’ probably added to my dislike for it.

The Cat

Staff member
Like, to drink? :huh:

I use it for pancakes/biscuits— I can’t fathom it as a straight beverage.

(I can be picky/unadventurous with food)

like to drink. I Its a taste I aquired from my grandfather, we used to eat pickled things and drink butter milk

The Cat

Staff member
Well thanks to this little aside, I went out and got some kombucha to try, I shall see for myself whatever it tastes like.