• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

anyone have an excellent to die for tomato sauce recipe?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm making pasta using fresh tomatoes for dinner tonight, and wanted to try a new recipe. thanks.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a good recipe for Vietnamese tomato egg-drop soup; haven't made it in awhile, but I will look it up and post later.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have a good recipe for Vietnamese tomato egg-drop soup; haven't made it in awhile, but I will look it up and post later.

that sounds good, unfortunately i don't have eggs, and got an email saying i have insuffient funds in my bank account so unless by the mercy of my mom i don't have eggs

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that sounds good, unfortunately i don't have eggs, and got an email saying i have insuffient funds in my bank account so unless by the mercy of my mom i don't have eggs
Here it is nonetheless. Perhaps you can make it some other time, or someone else reading this can try it.

4 shallots, thinly sliced
1 tsp sugar
5 large, ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
5 cups chicken broth
1 tbsp fish sauce
5 eggs, lightly beaten
1 scallion, both green and white parts, finely sliced
1 tbsp shredded coriander
ground black pepper

Saute shallots in vegetable oil until fragrant.
Add sugar and tomatoes; cook for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are very soft
Add chicken broth and bring to a boil
Add fish sauce; simmer for 30 minutes
Return to an active boil,
Pour in the eggs in a thin, slow stream, stir gently for 30 seconds
Add scallions and coriander
Sprinkle with black pepper before serving