• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

For the birds.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Vultures, anyone?

0032.-TurkeyVulture.gif

This one is a Black Vulture (Coragyps atratus). Its featherless head is ideal for INDULGING IN THE ROTTING INNARDS OF THEIR CADAVEROUS REPAST.

_MG_0041.JPG

IMG_1972.JPG

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My favourite bird is a vulture! Of the Old World variety, though. Gypaetus barbatus.

steve10.jpg

They can get along just fine with feathery heads because their diet consists mostly of bones and the fatty marrow within. Bones are either swallowed whole or smashed into small pieces from being repeatedly dropped onto rocky plateaus.

2495607034_9eac2582b4.jpg

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
That's a thoughtful and considerate bird feeding the younger bird...sort of. The bird who's head is being used as a perch probably disagrees. :shock:

Pecking+order.jpg

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My favourite bird is a vulture! Of the Old World variety, though. Gypaetus barbatus.

steve10.jpg

They can get along just fine with feathery heads because their diet consists mostly of bones and the fatty marrow within. Bones are either swallowed whole or smashed into small pieces from being repeatedly dropped onto rocky plateaus.

2495607034_9eac2582b4.jpg

that is seriously a majestic bird. The eyes.

14735221902752649965IAlEs3c.jpg

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Semipalmated Sandpiper (left) and Least Sandpiper (right).

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had the really good fortune of coming across a group of White-tailed Ptarmigan in the alpine yesterday. I rarely see this species (hadn't seen it for three years), and yesterday was like a national-geographic moment, up close with these lovely creatures... and there were 10 of them!! It was neat to see them moving about and doing their thing, and I could hear them making soft cooing sounds as they moved about and clucked at one another. It was very special. :)

Also...check out their fuzzy legs/feet!! :)

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
And the turkey vulture rears its fleshy head. . .

9sFuh.png

Devil Flamingo

Kultainen Kuningas
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Reviving this wonderful thread! I love birds! <3

4052312610_713ed3a0b5.jpg

Congo peacock (Pavo congolensis), very rare, lives in the deep jungles watered by the Congo river.

great-blue-turaco-uganda-2008.jpg

Great Blue Turaco. Found in Uganda and other tropical regions of Africa. Biggest turaco there is.

4530757696_fb48223bee_b.jpg

'apapane (Himatione sanguinea), endemic to Hawai'i, feeds on nectar

4723353375_03d0584d66_b.jpg

Major Mitchell cockatoo (Lophochroa leadbeateri), found in Oz

5179237778_7251a8d25a_o.jpg

Umbrella cockatoo (Cacatua alba), endemic to Indonesia

7075795433.jpg

Kākā (Nestor meridionalis), native to N.Z.

more when I think of them. :D these are all personal favourites.